Standard Mental Health First Aid Course - Perth CBD w/Jordan
Mental Health First Aid will empower you with the skills and knowledge to help you effectively approach, listen, communicate and provide assistance to someone experiencing a mental health problem, the right way.
Mental health first aid is the help provided to a person who is developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of a mental health problem, or in a mental health crisis. Like physical first aid, mental health first aid is given until the person receives professional help or until the crisis resolves.
The course covers:
- How to recognise common mental health illnesses.
- How to appropriately approach and communicate with someone experiencing a mental health problem.
- How to support someone experiencing depression or anxiety.
- Techniques on how to de-escalate someone who is distressed.
- How to talk to someone you believe may be expressing suicidal thoughts.
- How to help someone experiencing a crisis or traumatic event.
- How to approach the conversation about drug and alcohol use.
- How to encourage someone to seek professional help & more.
Through mental health education, we can reduce Australia's rate of suicide, using compassion as the tip of the spear.
We are Beyond All Bounds.