Stargazing Weekend on the South Passage
Stargazing & Sailing Adventure - A weekend of sailing in southern Moreton Bay on the 100 ft Tall Ship - South Passage, with special storytelling events scheduled on board and in the islands.
Departing on Friday afternoon from Manly Qld, passengers will actively sail the ship and explore the bay islands, with classes in knots, navigation, keeping watch, and other ship craft. Weekend sailing ticket price includes all meals and all special on board events:
- Depart Friday afternoon from Manly Qld.
- Saturday afternoon October 7th we will take on passengers at Macleay Island for a special two hour event on board - Whodunnit on the Bay, featuring mystery writers Donna Cameron, Dr Karen Thurecht and Melanie Myers boarding at Macleay Island Book here
- Saturday night is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - Stargazing with our guest, the Astronomer Dr Duane Hamacher, in the dark skies of the bay.
- Sunday Morning 8th October at 9am we will again take on passengers from Macleay Island, for a two hour musical singalong event and as the Coral Chorale sings sea shanties on the waters of the bay islands. Book here.
- The South Passage is a working sailing ship, there is no alcohol or smoking on board.
Beds are layered bunks in a large central cabin with shared shower and bathroom facilities. Please note: There will be ladder work and climbing involved in sailing the ship.
Guests are welcome to bring a small musical instrument (it has to fit on your bunk with you). 19 slots available. Age 14+.
Check out the other events at the festival!