Startup Weekend Sunshine Coast 2022 - Focusing on UN SDGs
Learn how to think, work, and build like a startup in 54 thrilling hours. Techstars Sustainable Startup Weekend is an exciting and immersive foray into the world of startups. Over an action-packed three days, you’ll meet the very best mentors, investors, co-founders and sponsors to show you how to get more done faster -- and, maybe even start that business.
Join us from August 5 - 7, 2022 at Startup Weekend Sunshine Coast and its first Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) edition in Sippy Downs. We're gathering (future) innovators who are eager to create solutions to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
This event will be running for 54 hours, giving you a framework and mentor-ship to transform an idea into reality, with team formation, user research, prototyping, and pitching to investors. Come to be a hero to change the world!
How can I become one of the heroes?
By joining and taking your idea on social impact, from concept to creation, you will become a hero!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or grab our tickets now if you'd like to participate in the weekend!
What are the goals for heroes?
Heroes goals are to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which are proposed by the United Nations: https://sdgs.un.org/goals.
The SDGs are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
You will address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate, environmental degradation, prosperity, and peace and justice. The Goals interconnect and in order to leave no one behind, it is important that we achieve each Goal and target by 2030.
Heroes will be working on the seventeen (17) SDGs to transform our world:
- Goal 1: No Poverty
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Goal 10: Reduced Inequality
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Goal 13: Climate Action
- Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Goal 15: Life on Land
- Goal 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- Goal 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
More info on each of the SDGs, click here
To gain ideas about Australian plan to attain net zero emission, click here
What does the 54 hours look like?
- 3 hours: Networking, 60 second idea pitching
- 3 hours: Dream team formation with UN SDG innovators, marketers, designers and developers (or we call them huslter, hipster and hacker)
- 6 hours: Idea sharing and brainstorm
- 9 hours: Market research and idea validation
- 9 hours: Product pro-typing
- 9 hours: Business model planning
- 3 hours: Presentation
- 12 hours: Team fighting, idea changing, business redirecting... eating, drinking, dancing and having lots of fun!
Oh, ya. We do close the venue at 10pm so you can take a nap at home :-)
What is included in my ticket?
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night
- Mentoring by all-stars from the social impact and startup communities
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome social innovation professionals from the Sunshine Coast and beyond
- All-star judge's panel lead by startup and social innovation leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
Terms of Participation Agreement: It is our job to provide you with an incredible networking and learning experience. Our intention is that you meet some amazing people that you might start a company with, learn from mentors as well as learning from your peers. The event is intended to be a collaborative forum for sharing, learning, building, and having fun. As such, by registering as a participant, you acknowledge that any ideas shared by you or anyone else over the course of the event are contributions to the overall experience and community. If you’re very concerned, you can limit your pitch to the rough outline of the idea without giving away key information.
As a member of your startup community, you agree to be inclusive of any and all people and their ideas. You agree to act professionally, treat everyone with respect, and treat the event facilities with proper care. You agree that you are responsible in the event of any accidents or damages that you cause. You also agree to not hold Techstars Startup Weekend, your local volunteer team, or any of the event supporters liable for any loss, damage, injury, or any other unforeseeable incident.
The event schedule can be viewed here: https://siliconcoast.org.au/st...
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
You may SMS 0434886488 for emergencies.