Staying Connected When Emotions Run High - Professional Training (Campbelltown)
Professional Training - Campbelltown
*6.5 CPD points available
Facilitated by Dr Annemaree Bickerton (Child, Adolescent and Family Psychiatrist) and Toni Garretty (Clinical Coordinator Family and Carer Program Illawarra and Shoalhaven Mental Health Service), this is a highly interactive workshop introducing professionals to the Staying Connected Frameworks and Strategies.
The participants will be invited to think about how they might utilise the strategies to manage their own “dances” in their professional roles and how they can educate families and carers and clients about these strategies as well. Suitable for those working in private and public sector across health, education, disability, community services, child protection and emergency services.
- Increased understanding of emotion dysregulation
- Identify the ‘four carer dances’ and their role in emotion dysregulation
- Knowledge of the ‘five key relationship strategies’ in order to become a
helpful resource to someone in distress
- Understanding relationship triangles – Karpmann’s Model
- Introducing the concept of Safety Planning “Like a Fire Drill” to promote
safety when distress or risk escalates
*A workbook is provided to professional participants and certificate recording 6.5hrs is available at the completion of training.
For further support or information please contact: