STEM Camp - Krank School Holiday Program
ABOUT STEM CAMP
The Australian School of Entrepreneurship with support from Logan City Council's Krank School Holiday Program, invites you to STEM Camp.
STEM Camp is an interactive school holiday program where students will learn about a variety of STEM disciplines including Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence and Drone Technology. Participants will also build their own virtual reality headsets that they get to keep!
STEM Camp is designed for students aged 5 to 17 years.
ABOUT THE DAY
During STEM Camp, students will learn about the world of STEM and innovation. Students will have the opportunity to build their own virtual reality headset and start their very own STEM business. Key activities:
- STEM 101. What is STEM? How is STEM used in the world around us?
- Ideation. What are some local and global problems? How can we use technology and innovation to solve them?
- Soft Skills. How do you speak so people actually want to listen?
- Presentation. Students will be invited to present their business ideas to a panel of judges in the form of a 2 minute investment pitch.
- Virtual Reality Headsets. Students will build their very own virtual reality headsets that they get to keep.
- Date: Tuesday, 9 January 2024
- Time: 9:00am (8:45am arrival) to 2:00pm
- Location: Yarrabilba Community Centre
- Target Cohort: Students aged 5 to 17 years
A big thank you to Logan City Council for making this event.
The Australian School of Entrepreneurship is an initiative of The ASE Group - a community-led and purpose driven business for good that delivers education, entrepreneurship and employment programs to Australians of all ages. Our mission is to equip every Australian with the skills, resources and mindset they need to start a business or enter the workforce, regardless of their postcode.