Deliver messages that engage your audience and shift perceptions.
Whether you’re speaking with a large audience or a small team of people, your ability to clearly communicate and influence awareness, understanding and support is critical. Our Powerful Presentations program will prepare you to deliver messages, engage the audience and shift perceptions. There will be homework, coaching in the moment and lots of conversation, engagement and feedback on your work.
Using our Powerful Presentation Toolkit, planning a presentation has never been easier. Once the plan is complete, we will show you how to engage the audience with compelling visuals and meaningful language. And finally, we’ll share our insider presentation tips before you take your masterpiece out for a test drive.
What to expect:
- Identify and analyse your audience and their needs and expectations in ways that will connect with individuals on an emotional and logical level
- Explore how to use the power of three and neuro-linguistics that provide insights to how the human brain thinks and how you can use it to your advantage
- Engage the audience with compelling visuals and meaningful language
- Explore different types of presentations ranging from the traditional to the newest kids on the block, using the same basic rules
- Discover insider presentation tips before you take your masterpiece out for a test drive
Who should attend:
Professionals working in strategic communication, corporate communication, internal communication, external communication, corporate affairs or public relations. Those leading teams, projects, or having to influence others within the organisation.
Career Level: Generalist/Specialist, Strategic Advisor, Business Leader
Upon completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Set objectives
- Analyse the audience
- Understand the human brain and how it works
- Learn to use the power of three and chunking techniques
- Develop compelling content that tells a story and engages the audience
- Learn the six Cs of great presentations and why they are important
- Write with impact using active verbs and discover what words to use and not to use
- Develop an interactive slide deck punctuated by compelling visuals
- Discover how to be powerful, persuasive, personal and visual
- Manage the drifting-into-other-thoughts factor when audience attention strays
- Engage your audience through interactive conversation
- Prepare and present with style to drive the message home
- Gain powerful tips and tools
About the trainer
Adrian Cropley OAM, FRSA, IABC Fellow, SCMP
A certified strategic communication management professional and past global chair of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), Adrian Cropley is widely recognised as one of the world’s foremost experts in strategic communication. He is the founder of the Centre for Strategic Communication Excellence and CEO at Cropley Communication. With a career spanning over 30 years, Adrian has worked with clients all over the world on major change communication initiatives, internal communication reviews and strategies, professional development programs, and executive leadership and coaching. Adrian was awarded the medal to the Order of Australia in 2017 for his service to the community and the advancement of the communication profession in Australia and was named an IABC Fellow in 2019.