Strategic Diplomacy for 21st Century Defence and Statecraft - Launch Event
How best should key strategic partners in Asia and Europe meet their future defence and security needs in a world that offers less policy space and more complex problems?
This project examines four significant cases – Japan, Singapore, Germany, and the UK – which share many contemporary security challenges.
The launch event will feature a roundtable discussion with the project leads and their country rapporteurs presenting their findings about how those countries mobilise power and exercise statecraft within a world that gives them less control over the outcomes they want to achieve.
- DATE: Monday 11 Dec 2023
- TIME: 5 - 7pm
- VENUE: The Shine Dome, Australian Academy of Science, 15 Gordon Street, Acton, ACT 2601.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Scholars, graduate students, policymakers and practitioners working in the fields of Defence, Diplomacy, Strategic Studies and Statecraft.
- Professor Jochen Prantl, ANU
- Professor Evelyn Goh, ANU
- Professor Sven Biscop, Egmont–Royal Institute for International Relations
- Dr. Yusuke Ishihara, National Institute for Defence Studies
- Mr. Paul Chamberlain, ANU
SHARE: You are very welcome to share this invitation with your colleagues and networks in government, the APS and academia.
REGISTER: Please register your attendance here, no later than Friday 1 December 2023.
Professor Evelyn Goh & Professor Jochen Prantl
Strategic and Defence Studies Centre
Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs
The Australian National University