Stretch, Breathe & Sip - Wellbeing for the Frontline *postponed*
*postponed until end of Oct/beginning of Nov* follow @sarahhayesyoga on instagram or /sarahhayesyoga on facebook to stay updated!
As frontline workers in Health and Emergency services, stress and high risk situations have become the norm. But how do we look after ourselves amongst such frequent and consistent chaos?
Shift work, long hours on your feet, delayed or no meal breaks, fatigue, abuse, emotional rollercoasters, long drives, not to mention often uncomfortable and suffocating uniform and equipment/PPE…it can be tricky to prioritise yourself when you’re constantly saving lives, caring for others, and keeping our communities safe.
Allow yourself to be cared for, for just a little while. Let yourself settle, rest and regenerate over 90 mins of yoga and breath practice, with delicious Boston Bean coffee / Ethical Kitchen tea afterwards. Return to and nourish your lifelong home - your body.
You’ll go home feeling rested, nourished and with new (breath & mindfulness) tools for easing stress, managing thinking spirals, and returning to your body as your greatest tool for resourcing.
- Please arrive 15mins early to get settled in, BYO keep cup.
- All yoga props will be supplied, thanks to the Port Lincoln Yoga Studio.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in...thick socks and beanies welcome on a chilly day!
- This event is open to all currently employed and recently retired police, nurses, doctors, paramedics, ambulance officers, MFS, SES & CFS workers.
- Beginners welcome & encouraged. No amount of flexibility required to join us, tight hamstrings and hips welcome!
- A note for those in differently abled bodies - Port Lincoln Yoga Studio is only accessible via stairs.
- Port Lincoln Yoga Studio entrance is off Washington Street (behind the Nautilus Arts Centre), next door to the Media Room entrance and Post Office loading driveway.
- Please cancel your ticket ASAP if you can no longer make it so someone else can use it.