String Bag and Cordage Workshop with Brooke Munro
Spend the morning learning the art of cord making, knotless netting and bag making with artist and Basket Maker Brooke Munro on a rural property in Milton.
- First you will learn to make cord using foraged and prepared plant fibres. From the prepared cord you will then create a bag using knotless netting techniques such as looping, figure of eight, twisted and round stitches.
- Brooke will demonstrate all these varied techniques and will impart her wisdom with hands-on tuition of all the differing netting styles.
- Additional string/cord will be on hand for speedier creations.
- This class is perfect for beginners through to the more experience maker, you will learn and practise many aspects of basket making with both traditional and explorative techniques.
- All materials and tools are supplied and included.
- Sweet and savoury morning tea prepared with love using fresh local produce, hot and cold bevvies.
- Leave with your creativity reignited, new connections and a sustainable art practice.
Brooke is a Southern Highlands Sculptural Textiles Artist raised in Burrawang NSW. She studied a Bachelor of Creative Arts at Wollongong University where she was under the tuition of textiles artist Virginia Kaiser. She currently runs a small creative business with her husband called ‘Mr and Mrs Munro’ which has been featured in national publications including Country Style, Home Beautiful and Belle Magazine. Brooke exhibits her sculpture regularly and draws inspiration from nature, femininity and traditional craft.