Supreme Eat's: 10 Week Cooking Program
**** To register use the link below***
About the program:
A 10-week initiative designed to empower individuals of all abilities with essential cooking skills and foster independence in the kitchen. Through meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking techniques, and nutrition education, participants will gain the confidence and knowledge to create delicious, nutritious meals. The program will also day excursions for a real-life farm-to-table experience.
- Develop recipe reading skills, enabling participants to follow instructions and create diverse dishes.
- Instil safe kitchen practices, ensuring a secure cooking environment for all participants.
- Cultivate the ability to cook wholesome meals and delightful desserts, promoting healthier dietary choices.
- Master ingredient preparation techniques, including peeling and cutting, to facilitate cooking processes.
- Enhance fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination, contributing to overall dexterity.
- Improve time management skills and self-confidence in the kitchen setting.
- Foster good hygiene habits, reinforcing the importance of cleanliness during food preparation.
- Explore various food textures and dishes, expanding participants' culinary horizons.
- Culminate in a graduation meal shared with family and friends, celebrating participants' achievements.
- Encourage community participation and the formation of new friendships among participants
What makes us ability inclusive:
- Our program is committed to inclusivity and customization to ensure that participants with disabilities can fully participate.This commitment includes:
- Adapting recipes to accommodate allergies and food sensitivities.
- Offering alternative cooking techniques for participants with physical limitations.
- Supplying visual aids, large print materials, and braille resources for those with visual impairments.
- Encourage community participation and the formation of new friendship Utilizing assistive technologies and personalized support to facilitate equal engagements among participants.
- Providing multi-sensory teaching methods for individuals with sensory impairments
Term 3 Program Details: Get in quick only 6 spots per class: Additional class will be added once Wednesday’s is booked out.
Dates: October 4th, 2023 - November 8th, 2023
Location: 9B/4-8 Burke Crescent, Northlakes
Day and Time: Every Wednesday, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Cost: $2700 for 10 weeks - $270 per week.
Class size: 6 students per class – participants, support workers are welcome to attend at no cost