Surf Coast Song Contest Registration
The annual Surf Coast Song Contest is back! Enter now for your chance to win cash, prizes and exposure!
Designed to engage and inspire through creativity and self-expression, this year's Surf Coast Song Contest is once again on the lookout for songs that reflect hope and wellbeing.
The outdoors can act as a balm for our busy brains and bring joy and solace to our lives. Whether you prefer to disconnect in the surf or prefer a wander on the beach, spending time in nature can improve your mental health. Share your connection with nature at this year's Surf Coast Song Contest and inspire others to connect with nature in new ways.
Win cash, prizes and exposure!
The winning song and artist will be featured in the 2024 Art of the Minds Festival to help create awareness of mental health and wellbeing. The winning artist will also feature at the 2024 Festival Launch and Song Contest.
Hosted by the Surf Coast's very own Lukey Luke, multiple prizes are on offer, including a recording of the winning song at the Medici Studio with Producer Michael Stangel, 8 hours studio time with Oxygen College's 'Don't Poke The Bear'” and great gifts from Music Workshop.
This year's prize pool has been made possible thanks to the generous support of the Lions Club in Torquay.
- $1000 cash
- Full day in the Professional Medici Studio with Producer Michael Stangel to record the winning song (valued at $1000)
- 8 hours studio time including sound engineer Don't Poke the Bear (valued at $660) provided by Oxygen Music
- $150 voucher at Music Workshop
- $500 cash
- $100 Music Workshop voucher
- $250 cash
- $50 Music Workshop voucher
Encouragement award: $100 cash
Conditions of entry:
Submit a $30 entry fee per song via www.artoftheminds.org.au
Send the following files to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Your song, representing ‘Hope and Wellbeing’ with lyrics or inspiration drawn from nature, in MP3 format, max 5 min in duration
· One Word document with a short artist bio, lyrics and up to 25-word song description
· Headshot as a jpg file
Please make sure to include your full name in your files, e.g. FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME_SONGTITLE
Entries close 10 September 2023
The top 10 songs will be shortlisted to perform in front of a live audience and a panel of judges.
What happens on the night?
All performances will be acoustic only.
Following the performance of all 10 shortlisted artists/bands, three will be shortlisted on the night to perform again to select the winning artist.