Sydney Biomedical Accelerator Masterclass Series
Build your understanding and learn how to commercialise bio, med and health tech innovations. This series of masterclasses is designed especially for clinicians, researchers, academics and students from across Sydney Local Health District and the University of Sydney, contributing to the vision for the transformative Sydney Biomedical Accelerator complex. Delivered by Cicada Innovations and a roster of other industry experts and entrepreneurs, it features ten carefully designed sessions from September 2023 to June 2024.
The Masterclass Series
|Identifying your critical stakeholders|
22 November 2023 | 8:00am - 10:00am
|Validating your idea through Customer Discovery and build a Business Model Canvas|
13 December 2023 | 8:00am - 10:00am
|Market Segmentation & Opportunity Analysis|
7 February 2024 | 8:00am - 10:00am
|Developing a business model|
21 February 2024 | 8:00am - 10:00am
|Funding: Non-dilutive and dilutive funding options|
20 March | 8:00am - 10:00am
|Understanding the Fundamentals of Regulation - medical devices, diagnostics and Software as a Medical Device|
24 April | 8:00am - 10:00am
|Successful stakeholder relations|
22 May | 8:00am - 10:00am
19 June | 8:00am - 10:00am
- Hebbat Mahny - Head of Technology at Cicada Innovations and formerly ResMed, she has worked within areas of Heavy Industry, FMCG, MedTech and Life Sciences from product inception to launch.
- Prof Steven Wise - Professor of Cardiovascular Bioengineering and Founder at Nanomedx Inc. Steven has been integral in a number of research projects at the University of Sydney that are in different stages of commercialisation.
- Rachel Hooke - FB Rice Patent Attorneys. Rachel has 20+ years experience as a patent attorney and is a partner in FB Rice's Sydney medical technology team and heads both the medical technology and China business teams.
- Dr Joy Francisco - Chief Commercial Officer, Sydney Local Health District
- Dr Leong Mar, Chief Commercialisation Officer, University of Sydney
- Dr Katja Beitat, Head of Health at Cicada Innovations
More speakers TBC.
This series is your path to accelerating your commercialisation strategy, offering insights from industry experts within a dynamic, knowledge-rich setting.
Select the masterclasses you would like to attend by selecting the ticket associated.