[TECH] #31 - Boost and bolster your web3 application knowledge - feat. Niklas Kunkel!
The impressively skilled, Niklas Kunkel, joins us to talk: oracles, DAI, and the latest works in progress!
Nik began his crypto journey at IBM Research where he worked on the Hyperledger blockchain and early supply chain finance applications. In 2017 he joined MakerDAO to create Dai, the first decentralized stablecoin on Ethereum. Nik is responsible for creating DSProxy. An industry-standard account abstraction primitive, OasisDEX, the first decentralized exchange on Ethereum with an order matching engine, as well as the Chronicle Oracle protocol, which secures over $10B of assets locked in MakerDAO.
James Zaki will facilitate further conversation with other web3 regulars, digging into the essentials of what makes web3 applications work for you.
Please RSVP to confirm your place. Attendees may arrive late, or leave early. The format is flexible.
And as always, you're welcome to byo questions :)
Weekly Web3 Workshop #31 - [TECH] Boost and Bolster your web3 application knowledge
Msg the chat for entry after scanning (or signing in) from the foyer, and someone will come down to provide access through the gates.
- 6pm: introductions and setup
- 6:15pm: topics starting with oracles
- Guest speaker: Niklas Kunkel, of MakerDAO and DAI fame - Founder of Chronicle Protocol
- The importance and function of on-chain and off-chain data
- Seed phrases are so passé, what's the latest ux boost
- Did someone say stake🥩? #Lido. How Ethereum's anti-fragile culture actions decentralisation
- ... (as always byo questions and topics)
- 8:30pm: <conclude/discussions>
Sensible food and drink provided 💪 (not your regular beer+pizza affair 🥴)
Note: The workshops may be streamed to remote attendees across the internet, and possibly recorded. Please don't share any confidential ideas as this is an open workshop.
Code of Conduct: Be awesome to everyone!
Some Background... these workshops pay homage to BokkyPooBah's Ethereum Workshop that ran in Sydney (Australia) since 2017, and is how I fell down the Ethereum rabbit hole.