Tech Leadership Skills: Communication & Conflict
⚡️ Tech leadership skills: communication & conflict ⚡️
This workshop is designed to help new and emerging tech leaders understand their role and gain the skills to make them confident, happy and effective leaders.
Why it matters
Transitioning to your first leadership position is hugely challenging, especially in the fast-paced tech industry. To make matters worse, most leaders receive no training to prepare them for their new responsibilities in their first 10 years in leadership!
Who is this workshop for?
- Tech/Team Leads: Learn to build trust and manage your team and yourself. Foster more collaborations across different teams and disciplines, and confidently communicate tech to non-tech audiences.
- Principal & Staff Engineers: Learn to build strong relationships and trust to lead. Influence and set the technical direction for your teams, and nurture team talent through mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Engineering Managers: Learn to delegate work and empower others, influence stakeholders whilst balancing strategic business and engineering objectives, and effectively guide your team towards a shared vision and goal.
What will I gain?
Participants walk away with a rich repository of knowledge, tips, worksheets and practical strategies to embark on their leadership journey.
- Leadership Blueprint: Delve deep into understanding leadership, touching upon themes such as influential communication, and trust building. Build out your own “Leadership Blueprint” that allows you to understand the type of leader you want to be
- Learn Specific Skills: Master the strategies to navigate conflicts constructively, communicate to non-technical audiences, influence stakeholders and build trust with your team
- Personal Development Plan: Develop a personalised Leadership Blueprint that mirrors your leadership style, helping you to carve a path that is both rewarding and aligned with your strengths
Andrew Murphy — Instructor / Head Geek / Founder, Tech Leaders Launchpad
Andrew was a software developer before holding a variety of leadership positions in a range of consultancies, as well as SaaS companies like Linktree.
Andrew believes everyone can become the leader they want to be with the right support. Which is why he now focuses on teaching those skills via his company Tech Leaders Launchpad.
By sharing his experiences, tools, and techniques, Andrew equips emerging and new tech leaders with the necessary skills for success in the modern workplace.
- "I was so impressed with the impact the program made that we expanded it to a different audience in the following year." — Justin Gould, Head of Technology, Australia Post
- "He breaks down complex topics into bite sized tools you can put to practice straight away. Highly recommended." — Tate Johnson, CTO, Lookout
- "The mindsets and models around Difficult Conversations, such as poor performance, have helped me be more confident and successful in handling them." — Barry Scott, Engineering Manager - Mobile apps, Coles