Term 2 2023 Learn to Swim Program - Wednesday Night Session
Want to make the most of your time in Australia? Do you want to learn to swim?
UNSW's Award Winning Learn to Swim Program is back in Term 2 to teach you everything you need to know about swimming. This program includes 8 x 1-hour sessions with a qualified instructor to work on your swimming skills and water safety. You will also have the opportunity to learn how to stay safe at the beach, meet new friends and learn life skills that will improve your well-being.
Program Dates: Wednesday 7th June 2023 for 8-weeks until 26th July 2023.
Program Time: 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Program Cost: $75 fee, payable via Humanitix only
What does the program include?
- 8 x beginner swimming lessons with a qualified instructor at UNSW Fitness and Aquatic Centre.
- FREE access to UNSW Fitness and Aquatic Centre swimming pool for the duration of the program.
- Welcome Session to meet your fellow swimmers, instructors and introduce you to the expectations of the program.
- Goodie Bag featuring your Water Safety essentials
- Students who attend at least 80% of swimming lessons or complete the entire program will be eligible for certificate of completion and an exciting gift worth 25$.
- Cancer Council Sun Safety Workshop
- Water Safety Workshop
- End of Program Dinner
Who is the program for?
- This program is open ONLY TO CURRENT UNSW STUDENTS.
- This is a program designed to teach students with little or no swim experience. You do not need any prior experience with swimming to join the program.
- Students who can confidently swim are NOT able to join the program. If you can swim 15 metres or more, you are not eligible to join the program.
- We expect you to attend ALL sessions. This is a highly sought-after program and is heavily subsidised by Medibank and UNSW Health and Well being.
- This program is only open for students who have not completed the program before.
How to complete the program?
To complete the program you must attend at least 80% of the sessions. Those who successfully complete the program will receive a $25 Gift and a certificate of completion. In Term 1, this was an official UNSW Learn to Swim Hoodie.
How much does the program cost?
The program costs $75 per person. Students who attend at least 80% of swimming lessons (6 out of the 8 sessions or more) will be eligible for an exciting gift worth $25 AUD. This could be a voucher, merchandise such as a hoodie or some other item.
The UNSW Health Promotions team are able to provide the Learn To Swim program at a heavily subsidised rate for UNSW Students to ensure their safety and wellbeing while studying at UNSW. Swimming lessons at the Fitness & Aquatic Centre are currently available for $38 for 30 minutes each fortnight. The Learn To Swim program offers an intensive one-hour session each week for 8 weeks. We endeavour to ensure our programs are accessible to all students while still providing a high-quality and meaningful experience.
Swimming Session Timetable:
Week 1 - Wednesday 7th June, 6.15 pm - 8 pm - includes welcome session prior to commencement (45-minute session).
Week 2 - Wednesday 14th June, 7 pm - 8 pm.
Week 3 - Wednesday 21st June, 7 pm - 8 pm.
Week 4 - Wednesday 28th June, 7 pm - 8 pm.
Week 5 - Wednesday 5th July, 7 pm - 8 pm.
Week 6 - Wednesday 12th July, 7 pm - 8 pm.
Week 7 - Wednesday 19th July, 7 pm - 8 pm.
Week 8 - Wednesday 26th July, 7 pm - 8 pm.
- Due to the demand for this program, NO REFUNDS will be given. Be sure that you are able to commit to 8 sessions.
- Please note: students are not allowed to switch between classes throughout the program and are not entitled to a make-up session if they miss a class.
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us via email@example.com
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM HERE
“Go and grab the opportunity, it would teach you the correct techniques in your suitable time at a reasonable cost as well” - Previous Student, 2020.
“Helps to boost water confidence and learn to swim with proper technique in a safe environment” - Previous Student, 2020.