The Edge | Course 40 - 6 sessions | Apr - Jul 2024 WA
The Edge Leadership Program - Course 40 - Western Australia
Practical Leadership for Team Leaders or Supervisors. SIRF Rt members may be eligible for free attendance to this course.
Contact SIRF Roundtables head office: 03 9596 3821 or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm member status and eligibility.
The Edge Leadership Program has a unique delivery schedule, with 6 sessions spread out over a few months, followed by a requirement to attend several site tours and SIRF events to expand trainees' horizons. Participants not only learn from the course content and homework, but from senior leader presentations from participating companies and the peer-to-peer interaction with others from different positions in different companies attending the course.
Held on Tuesdays, provisional dates for the six sessions are:
- April 16th - Self Awareness and Motivating Others
- May 7th - Structure, Planning and Time Management (Leaders Standard Work)
- May 28th - Managing Change
- June 18th - Teamwork and Presentation Skills
- July 9th - Critical Conversations and Performance Management
- July 30th - Final Presentations
Focusing on the "soft" skills of leadership, the course covers a wide array of topics, all building the participants' skills in leadership (not management). The course is dynamic, with videos, exercises, homework, group discussions and personal reflection. The course outcomes include:
- Improved leadership skills and strategies as measured by before and after 360 degree feedback scores from both team members and direct manager.
- Exposure to presentations from site leaders covering their leadership successes and failures.
- Mentor relationship established within your business with a mentor for each trainee.
- Practical exercises that involve participant's team to ensure training is transferred back to site.
- Peer to peer learning from other frontline leaders on the course coming from a diversity of backgrounds.
- Structure /planning and time management.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- Identifying and having critical conversations to boost team performance.
Participating companies may be asked to host a site tour (where conditions allow), which includes providing a meeting space, a site tour, and refreshments.
We have to date delivered nearly of programs and it has proven to be very popular within the SIRF Member Group. While our target audience comprises supervisors and team leaders who have never had any previous leadership training experience, we have also trained upcoming potential frontline leaders and even a manager or two with great success.
"I found the course provided a great opportunity to network with people from other organisations who are in a similar position to myself. Visiting sites around the State and seeing how people and products are managed in different industries was a rewarding way to learn new aspects of leadership. During the course I was able to narrow my focus, in regards to the direction I want to take within the company, and believe I have the ability (as well as the drive) to move into a Production Management role."
Shayne, Team Leader
"Personally, the course has educated me in critical key areas of my current and potentially future roles. It was presented in comfortable and open environments filled with likeminded people and presenters of knowledge and professionalism in their delivery."
Andrew, Production Superintendent
"Over the years I have done many leadership courses and I have gotten tired of them. So when I heard I had to do another one I was very cynical. But from the beginning it became clear to me that this course was different. Not only were the teachers great but the topics covered were very interesting and relevant. One of my goals with this course was to re-energise myself as a team leader. And SIRF helped me achieve this. I now have a different approach to my work and all people in my organisation have noticed a positive change. I had an epiphany doing this course and have become a better supervisor along the way."
Tony, Team Leader
For Enquiries Contact:
Henk Koster 0400 109 861 email@example.com
Jeff Naylor 0409 535 239 firstname.lastname@example.org