The Edit: How to get a job in journalism
There’s no guaranteed way to score a gig in journalism, but certain skills and experiences make candidates stand out.
This Edit event will explore navigating internships, the experiences emerging journalists do and don’t need on their resume, building contacts, navigating your first few career moves and more. This event is aimed at students, emerging journalists and anyone thinking about making a career move in the near future.
Panellists will share stories about how they got their first jobs, give tips on standing out, discuss what to tick off in your first few jobs, cover what positions may be available and will available for one-on-one discussion on the night.
Our industry guests:
- Marta Pascual Juanola, Crime Reporter, The Age
- Fotis Kapetopoulos, Neos Kosmos
- Penny Liersch, Reporter, 9News Melbourne
- Nick Splitter, General Manager, Zero Digital Sports
- Nicole Strahan, Executive Editor, 10 News First Melbourne
- Katya Wachtel, Editorial Director, Broadsheet Media
The Edit is the Melbourne Press Club’s event series for young and early career journalists.