The Healing Power of Herbs - Herbal Medicine Workshop
This Herbal Medicine Workshop is a time for you to nurture yourself with the healing power of herbs.
About this event
Herbal Medicine provides support in maintaining or regaining physical health. Herbal teas work on a gentle subtle level to encourage the natural healing process, while capsules are used for a more therapeutic dose. When we honor ourselves to consume what Mother Nature has provided, we begin the process of healing. Drinking Herbal teas was one of the first ways herbs were used. The history of Herbal Medicine goes back many centuries and is the foundation of many drugs today.
When we drink Herbal tea it is about enjoying the tea ritual, the therapeutic and energetic healing qualities of the herbs, and the graceful gathering and sharing of stories, a time to celebrate and enjoy every sip.
Rachel provides an easy step by step process to learning all you need to know about blending your own herbal teas, making your own capsules and more.. at home with confidence.
We will begin this workshop enjoying an Herbal Tea Ceremony.
During this workshop:
• You will begin to learn the healing properties of a selection of herbs.
• The Common and Botanical names of a selection of herbs.
• You will learn how to choose your herbs. ( see, touch, smell, taste)
• You will learn how to blend herbs.
• And most important you will learn how to make your Herbal tea taste delicious, (tips & tricks)
• You will be guided on how to prepare your own personal Herbal tea, capsules and more to take home.
• Take home handout with information from the workshop.
• Personal gift from Rachel
Rachel has designed this workshop to give you practical information so that you can prepare and blend many dried herbs with confidence, to make your own herbal teas, to use them during your spiritual practice and for everyday use.
Rachel is a degree qualified Naturopath – Herbalist - Nutritionist; she uses organic sustainable harvested herbs in her clinic practice. She sees how wonderful they work to support gentle healing on many levels. In this workshop Rachel would like to share her knowledge of Herbs & Herbal Medicine to support and encourage you to use them and understand their healing properties. Rachel utilises many healing qualities that are available to us from mother nature and is open to sharing a wealth of knowledge with you.
What to bring, Water Bottle, Journal, open mind
When: Sunday 13th August 2-5pm
Where: Riverdell Spiritual Centre, Hillier, SA