The Remix Festival
This festival will be a full weekend of musical improv comedy joy! We've gathered four amazing teachers to come to Edinburgh and teach you the skills you'll need to have the best possible time performing completely improvised musical comedy as part of short form, in your normal improv shows, or as a fully improvised musical. We will have a huge range of musical class topics, as well as classes about core improv skills (no singing required!). Each class will be limited to max 16 people so you will get plenty of time practicing in each class and lots of individual feedback from your teachers.
For more information, visit www.remixfestival.co.uk
Most attendees will sign up for a weekend pass that includes classes on Saturday and Sunday, as well as shows and jams every night. You'll tell us which classes you want to do (via a ranked list of all the classes available), and the sooner you submit your preferences, the more likely it is you will get your top 3 classes.
We want to make sure everyone has a pass that suits them, so we also have a few alternative passes available:
- Musician's Intensive with Laura Hall- 6 hours of classes on Friday with Laura all about how to play for improvised musical shows. This pass also includes all of the evening jams and shows on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Complete Beginners Track- Never done musical improv before? Feeling very rusty and want to start from the basics? Are you a musicals geek who has never improvised before? This is the course for you. You'll get a chance to learn with each of our teachers with 9 hours of classes across the weekend and all of the evening activities included.
- Saturday only pass- This is for people who can only attend on Saturday and will include 6 hours of classes and just the Saturday night jams and shows.
- Sunday only pass- This is for people who can only attend on Sunday and will include 6 hours of classes and just the Sunday night jams and shows.
- Shared passes- If you think you will struggle to do all of the activities across this weekend, but you still want to do some things on each day, you are very welcome to team up with another improviser and share a full weekend pass. This might be because you need more breaks to rest, or you might be travelling with your partner and child, and need to take turns with childcare. Our venue capacities are quite strict so we can't have both of you attending at any point, but as long as you can let us know who you're sharing with, and which one of you is likely to be at each event, you are very welcome to share a pass with another attendee.
- Evening events and single classes- depending on how many of each pass we sell, there may be a VERY limited number of tickets available for individual classes/shows/jams across the weekend. We will announce details about this closer to the event. Please don't rely on these because they may not exist.