The River Folk Festival 2021 (CANCELLED)
** A MESSAGE FROM THE RIVER FOLK FESTIVAL **
Dear River Folk,
This is the very sad (but unfortunately not unexpected) announcement that we had hoped not to make.
It is with great sadness and disappointment that we have decided to cancel The River Folk Festival 2021.
As many of you will already be aware, the latest announcements from the Victorian government have made it impossible to continue with our planned 3-day Festival: although we are still a month and a half away from our scheduled Festival weekend, and there is the potential for restrictions to begin to ease towards the end of September, it has been made very clear that hosting an audience of any reasonable size in a venue will not be possible until later in the year. Like so many other Festivals and events this year (and last year), this is a very sad decision for us to have to make - and a very disappointing outcome to what was already shaping up to be a very beautiful event.
However! We can assure you that we are not simply throwing in the towel and waiting it out until 2022: we will be creating more River Folk content for you all to enjoy, and working on a different River Folk experience to share with you soon! Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks: this is not the end of River Folk for 2021!
We will be in touch with all our River Folk Festival ticket holders as soon as we can with details of refunds etc.
Once again, we would like to thank you all for your support of The River Folk Festival this year, and in previous years - and thank you for sticking by us through the most tumultuous 18 months any of us could have imagined. We will, as ever, continue to work away behind the scenes, preparing, planning, and dreaming up what River Folk magic we can co-create with you.
Until we can next share in the joys of live music together, we wish you all the best, and hope that you and your friends and family can enjoy the blossoming of Spring.
Stay safe and well, be kind, always - and remember to sing, dance and play, keeping the music alive.
Director, The River Folk Festival
The River Folk Festival: 3 days of live music, arts and culture, hosted across multiple venues in the beautiful town of Warburton, Yarra Valley.
Celebrating the diverse creativity and culture of the region, the event will feature local, regional and national performers of the highest calibre, artisan markets and local food vendors, as well as providing engaging workshop opportunities, youth mentorship performances, and children's events.
In 2021 The River Folk Festival will bring to life multiple venues and spaces in Warburton, with the highest quality of artistic programming it is known for, in the curation of a festival that will contribute to the cultural reactivation and recovery of the region, supporting local businesses and the creative industries.
1st Lineup Announcement:
The Northern Folk, Chaika, Cigány Weaver, Anna Smyrk, Tinman, Todd Cook, Phoebe Laidlaw.
More incredible acts to be announced soon!
DAY TICKETS ONLINE RELEASE DATE: TBA.
Ticketing Terms & Conditions
1. The River Folk Festival venues have limited seating capacities. Tickets are a General Admission to the Festival, with access to all venues. However, this does not guarantee the ticket holder a seat in a particular venue at a particular time, if the venue is deemed by Festival staff to have reached it's capacity. We advise ticket holders to arrive at venues early, and if no seats remain in the venue, other venue(s) will be available.
2. Friday Night Opening Concert has a strictly limited capacity, and Weekend Ticket holders wishing to attend will be required to book a General Admission seat at no extra charge, closer to the date, in order to attend. We will directly contact all eligible ticket holders closer to the date with the booking process.
3. As The River Folk Festival is a small community-based event, we are unable to refund tickets in the event of a lineup change. We will, however, do our best to find a suitable replacement act to include in the lineup.
4. LOCALS 3799 Tickets are only available to residents who live within the 3799 postcode. All LOCALS 3799 ticket holders will be required to present proof of residency ID at Box Office. Ticket holders unable to prove 3799 residency will need to pay an additional $40 at Box Office to enter the Festival.
GENERAL REFUND POLICY:
5. The River Folk Festival has a General No Refund Policy. However, Name Changes are permitted for ticket holders gifting or on-selling their ticket at Cost Price. See below for specific Refund Policies.
6. Name Change Policy: ticket holders may gift/on-sell tickets at Cost Price of the ticket value. Please email email@example.com. Name Change contact deadline: MIDNIGHT 17/10/2021.
EVENT CANCELLATION AND COVID-19 RELATED REFUND POLICIES:
7. Event Cancellation prior to 22/10/2021: Full Refund offered to all ticket holders.
8. Partial Event Cancellation between 22/10/2021 and 24/10/2021: Partial Refund offered to ticket holders.
9. Covid-19 Restrictions: in the event that a ticket holder is unable to attend the Festival due to State or Federal border restrictions, a Full Refund will be offered.
For all Refund/Cancellation/Ticket Enquiries: contact firstname.lastname@example.org.