THRASS Foundation Level Training (Sydney)
This two-day course has been designed to give an understanding of the phonetic principles of English and their practical application. Participants receive the THRASS Introduction and Implementation Certificate.
Times: 9.30am - 3.15pm AEST Daily.
Includes course materials and basic resources.
- Provide participants with an initial introduction to –
- Linguistic concepts and terminology
- Explicit phonics teaching using the THRASS charts and resources
- Explicit teaching of oral language skills
- Explicit teaching of written language skills
- Explicit teaching of basic grammar skills
- Introduction to the MASUTA spelling model
- Strategies for implementation of the THRASS SPP into the classroom
*Course Length: 9 hours of instruction over two consecutive days.