Sail with us to Treasure Island this Spring 2023. Swing aboard the Hispaniola and be swept along on a swashbuckling adventure of mayhem and merriment.
What will happen when Jemma Hawkins and a band of bumbling pirates hoist the mainsail and weigh the anchor in a quest to find the fabulous treasure of Captain Flint? Set sail to Ku-ring-gai Town Hall this October and find out.
This adaptation by Les Winspear of the Robert Louis Stevenson classic has something for everyone including fun characters and lots of laughs.
Performed by the young actors of Marian St Theatre for Young People, Treasure Island is suitable for all the family.
Duration: 70 minutes, no interval
Dates: Wednesday 4th October – Saturday 7th October 2023
Performance Times: 10:30am & 1pm daily
*Please note: the 10:30am Friday 6th October 2023 performance will be a Relaxed Performance with an AUSLAN Interpreter.
What is the Relaxed Performance at 10:30am on Friday 6th October?
In our Relaxed Performances we focus on relaxing or adapting the theatre environment while maintaining the creative integrity of the show. In a Relaxed Performance:
- There will be an AUSLAN Interpreter.
- We may make minor changes to sensory elements of a show such as reducing bright lighting or loud noises.
- There is a relaxed attitude to noise and movement.
- You are welcome to bring in, and use, stimming devices.
- The theatre doors remain open; and the house lights remain on, but dimmed, throughout the performance.
- You can leave the venue at any time and a designated quiet area is available.
- Pre-show resources, such as a Visual Story, are also available to help you prepare for your visit.
Who is the Relaxed Performance for?
Relaxed Performances are for everyone, and are especially valued by anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed environment. This can include, but is not limited to, people with autism, sensory sensitivities, Tourette's syndrome, learning disabilities or dementia, hearing impairment, as well as people living with anxiety or people who have experienced trauma.