Two Day Intro to Biodynamics | Gemtree Wines, SA | 26 & 27 June 2023
Biodynamics is a contemporary, cost-effective and proven method that produces high-quality food and fibre, as well as healthy animals and premium products while achieving regenerative outcomes in all forms of agriculture (animal husbandry, horticulture, silviculture, etc.) and home gardens. Proven regenerative outcomes are: increased organic matter, water retention, soil and animal fertility, soil foodweb balance and soil sequestration of atmospheric carbon.
This introductory workshop brings together the art and science of biodynamics, the 'how and why' biodynamic preparations work, and the practical skills you need to start applying them as soon as you get home.
We will cover :
- The life of the soil
- Creating soil fertility
- Managing your natural resources
- Practical application of the biodynamic preparations
- Developing risk management of your land ( weeds, pests, diseases)
- Meeting the challenges of climate change ( drought, floods, carbon sequestration)
This workshop will lay the foundation for the hands-on Biodynamic Preparation-Making course held each spring and autumn. Here you will learn how to make season preparations, deepen your understanding of how to apply them to sustain regenerative ecological outcomes and increase the health of the soil, plants, animals and the wider environment.
Early bird tickets (book and pay in full by 10am, 12 May)
- Single Participant - $660 pp
- Multiple Participants from one family or business - $550 pp
Full-price tickets (all bookings made on or after 10am, 12 May)
- Single Participant - $770 pp
- Multiple participants from one family or business - $660 pp
- Intro to Biodynamics Graduate - $330 pp
- YFC members discounted rate - $550 pp
Workshop fees include lunch, and morning and afternoon teas on both days. Additionally, it entitles you to attend monthly Biodynamics2024 webinars with Hamish and Charlie as well as access to the Biodynamics Alumni Facebook group.
Hamish and Charlie look forward to sharing their enthusiasm and passion for Biodynamics as they lead you through this two-day, interactive, hands-on and engaging programme.
This workshop is being held in McLaren Flat SA. We recommend people look for accommodation options there.
- Sandalwood has a few BnBs
- McLaren Vale & Fleurieu Visitors Centre
Airbnb has some lovely properties listed.