Unlocking the school gates and Ag-careers of a sustainable future for the Agricultural Industry and Education System in Victoria.
--- SOLD OUT -- E-MAIL VFFPEN@GMAIL.COM IF YOU NEED TO ATTEND OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ---
BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION of how to Connect, Inspire and Motivate Young People to explore the multiple career opportunities in Modern Agriculture.
TAKE PART in a timeline critical cross-sector forum, for farmers, industry and educators, with a STEM focus on the future of Food & Fibre Education for Years 7-12, VCE, VET, VCAL & TAFE students, co-hosted by Victorian Association of Agricultural and Horticultural Educators (VAAHE) and Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) Peninsula branch.
WE NEED YOU* to be part of the day, as we connect the Agricultural Industry with Educators and Decision Makers, to improve the Agricultural Education sector across Victoria.
Book your ticket now!
Arrive at 9:00am for registration and refreshments, prior to a 9:30am sharp start.
The program consists of three sessions, two breaks, one lunch and one networking session at the end of the day.
As part of the forum's program, together we will:
- Three session, each with three speakers, on the now, next and what is needed for our NextGen leaders.
- Investigate and map the agricultural industry ecosystem, to collectively advocate for what works, what doesn’t work, and what is on its last legs; to communicate to Industry, Farmers and (Government) decision makers to save Food & Fibre Ag Education for all students.
- Explore and understand what the Education sector needs to retain, maintain and expand, across Victoria's Ag Education services and applied curriculum for prospective students to competently meet Ag industry current and future knowledge including training and workforce needs; ensuring we grow new farmers and have a sustainable food and fibre supply chain, that is fit for purpose, adaptable and well-funded.
- Understand how we can motivate and attract students to the applied learning for hands-on Food & Fibre experience.
- Share ideas, solutions, existing and proposed programs, across the many sectors of Australia's Agricultural industry, to develop and share a strong message that advocates for investment and change.
SPEAKERS - more program details to come
- Keynote: Luciano Mesiti, CEO, PIEFA.
- Session 1: What is Australia’s Food & Fibre ecosystem? Understanding the diversity of community, leadership and workforce within today’s Agricultural Industry.
Speakers are: Sharon Brindley, Melina Bath MP*, and Joy Pedersen
- Session 2: Are school students ready for the real AgWorld? What is the Agricultural knowledge and applied Ag science exposure amongst Victorian teachers and students? Does this match the workplace skills, knowledge and qualifications that young people will need to be ready for a future job and career in Agriculture?
Speakers are: Natalie Garcia de Heer, Jeanette Swain, Bec Bennett and Amy Cosby
- Session 3: Australia’s evolving future of agrifood and agtech: Industry’s perspective of the real workplace skills and training needs for a successful and adaptive Agricultural sector, today and tomorrow.
Speakers are: Neil Salvador, Veronica McLeod, Luke Weekley, Stephen Todd and Nathan Free
We welcome Melina Bath MP, The Nationals Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Shadow Assistant Minister for Education.
The forum is a ticket only entry event. Book now!
How can we Connect, Inspire and Motivate young people to study Food & Fibre classes across all Years 7 to 12?
How can we train and educate young people to work on farms, access work experience and start their career in Agriculture?
- Watch what Farmers have to say, about getting young people into Agriculture.
- Watch what Young people have to say, about their first time working in Agriculture.
Videos produced thanks to National Farmers Federation and AgCAREERSTART. Read more at https://agcareerstart.com.au/about/choosing-your-placement/
Book your ticket today.
*WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CROSS-SECTOR FORUM?
Be part of Team Food & Fibre: we invite and seek Industry turnout, participation and input from leaders in the fields of Ag-Extension, Agri-Tech, Agri-Voltaics, Agronomy, Agricultural Science, Biosecurity, Cold Storage, Compost, Country Show Stewards, Crop Health, Digital solutions, Farm Inputs, Farmers, Growers, Health & Safety, Horticulture, Integrated Pest Management, Irrigation & Water, Livestock, Logistics & Transport, Machinery, Mechanics, Milkers, Nursery, Operations, Post Harvest, Food Processors, Orchardists, Primary Production, Protected Cropping, Quality Assurance, Research & Development, Rural Journalists, Shearers, Smart Farms, Veterinary, Young Farmers & Peak Ag bodies, and skilled supply chain professionals in of IT, HR, Finance, Ag-Policy.
Are you in one of these Ag job roles? Book your forum ticket today.
E-mail email@example.com for further details or if you have any questions.
The Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) is an active, powerful lobby group dedicated to the interests of farmers and making a difference to communities. With a strong record of successful political advocacy and leadership, the VFF has generated substantial benefits for the agriculture sector since its formation in 1979.
Visit VFF webpage https://www.vff.org.au/
The Victorian Association of Agricultural and Horticultural Educators (VAAHE) are members of the National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE), which aims to:
- provide leadership at a national level in the promotion and development of agricultural education,
- join together in an association all persons having an interest in agricultural education,
- provide a national forum for the discussion of, and exchange of information relevant to the teaching of agriculture and related studies, and
- engage in activities aimed at assisting the development agricultural education.
Visit NAAE on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NAAEau