Val Moogz x Soul Tribe: Beginner Drums Workshop for Teens
Rebus Theatre & Project Alchemy Present Beginner Music Workshops for Kids & Teens with The Val Moogz School of Joy
During September and October of 2023, Project Alchemy artist Hannah Matysek (aka Val Moogz) will be running a series of introductory community drumming and guitar workshops across the Eurobodalla Shire. These workshops are open to kids and teens who would like to try out a new instrument in a fun and collaborative way!
Each workshop will run for 1.5 hours covering drum kit and guitar basics and offering a practical approach to learning the instrument of choice. No need to bring your own instrument – just bring yourself along as all equipment will be provided! In the Drumming Basics workshop, each participant will have a practice pad set up (kick drum & pad), as well as a pair of drumsticks, and guitars will be available for use in the Guitar Basics workshops.
BATEMANS BAY WORKSHOPS
- Wednesday, 27 September at Soul Tribe Studio 2:00-3:30PM - Guitar Basics for Kids (guide 6-12)
- Friday, 29 September at Soul Tribe Studio 2:00-3:30PM - Drumming Basics for Teens (guide 13-17)
- Saturday, 30 September at Soul Tribe Studio 1:00-2:30PM - Drumming Basics for Kids (guide 6-12)
- Friday, 6 October at Soul Tribe Studio 2:00-3:30PM - Guitar Basics for Teens (guide 13-17)
- Wednesday, 4 October at Rooma Studios 10:30-12:00PM - Drumming Basics for Kids (guide 6-12)
- Wednesday, 4 October at Rooma Studios 1:30-3:00PM - Drumming Basics for Teens (guide 13-17)
- Thursday, 5 October at Rooma Studios 10:30-12:00PM - Guitar Basics for Kids (guide 6-12)
- Thursday, 5 October at Rooma Studios 1:30-3:00PM - Guitar Basics for Teens (guide 13-17)
These workshops are being offered at a low introductory rate of $10 per 1.5 hour workshop. Places are limited to 10 people per workshop, so book in quickly to secure your spot. Please reach out if you are unable to pay the fee as we would like everyone who wants to attend the workshops to be able to do so!
Project Alchemy is made possible thanks to funding from the Australian Government for the Black Summer Bushfire Grant Program. Rebus is also supported by the ACT Government and Ainslie & Gorman Arts Centres.
The Val Moogz School of Joy exists to facilitate workshops, provide one on one lessons and collaborate with others to share in activities and events that will contribute to a wider sense of joy, connection and creative expression in our community.