VIC Regional Showcase | Social Enterprise in Geelong | Tuesday 16 May 2023
Social enterprise showcase - bringing together social enterprises, business and governments located in the Geelong Region.
Did you know more than 120 business and government organisations have caught on and are already leading the charge in business for good?
Presented by Social Traders, SENVIC and Give Where You Live Foundation's GROW initiative, this showcase is ideal for all who play a part in the shift to #businessforgood and will provide practical insight into the current social enterprise landscape, whilst meeting like-minded individuals and making new business connections.
Organisations across Australia are exploring innovative new approaches to achieving social objectives through social procurement. Buying from a social enterprise is one of the most effective ways of breaking the cycle of disadvantage and strengthening regional Australian communities.
In collaboration with our Geelong partners, you will hear from local social enterprises in the Geelong region, members of the Geelong business community who are making the switch to #businessforgood, and upcoming opportunities to harness the power of social enterprises through strategic projects like the Victoria 2026 Commonwealth Games.
You will come away from this session feeling inspired by the potential of social enterprise procurement, yet also take with you a range of practical tips and tricks to help you implement effective strategies.
Morning tea and lunch will be provided by the Common Ground Project - A community farm and social enterprise that promotes food security by creating fair access to locally grown, healthy food. The Staying Grounded program provides training and employment pathways in farming and hospitality for people facing disadvantage in the Geelong region. In particular, they work with women from asylum seeker and immigrant communities seeking employment.
Who should attend?
- Social Traders certified social enterprises
- Non-certified social enterprises
- Social Traders business and government members
- Government departments, agencies and local council
- Local businesses interested in social procurement
- Aboriginal businesses
Why you should attend
- Learn how social enterprise procurement is one of the most impactful ways to do business
- Opportunities for regional social enterprises through the Commonwealth Games
- Unpack why businesses and governments are adopting social procurement, and what policy settings influence the Australian context.
- Find out the latest social procurement impact statistics and how deliberate purchasing decisions can make a positive impact on communities.
- Discuss the challenges in social procurement with a network of like-minded professionals.
- Meet the Social Traders, SENVIC and Give Where You Live Foundations GROW G21 teams.
- This is a free event and registrations are essential, please forward this invite to your networks.
- Includes morning tea and a networking lunch.
- Registrations will close 10am Monday 15 May unless booked out prior.
- forward this invitation to any of your colleagues who may be best suited to attend this event.
Any questions about this event, please contact Selina, Events Manager at Social Traders firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you there!
Are you a member of SENVIC? If not, you can join via - https://senvic.org.au/join-us/