Tenpin Bowling Competition
Tenpin Bowling Competition (*qualifying event)
Dates: Sunday 30 July 2023
Time: 9am to 3pm
Location: Zone Bowling, 1/23 Franklin Ln, Joondalup WA 6027
Cost: $20 (+ booking fee)
Coordinator: Moira Mathie
Special Olympics local competitions are for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and autism, who wish to compete against other athletes in their chosen sport, and qualify for Special Olympics' state and national competitions. They include:
- A high-quality competition, with multiple divisions for beginner, intermediate and advanced players
- Qualified officials and game support officers
- Award presentations
- Performance results and feedback
1. Athletes must compete in the singles competition. Athletes have the choice of competing in the team competition. All events will be governed by the Special Olympics Bowling Rules.
2. Equipment - Athletes can bring their own equipment or use equipment available at the centre.
3. Attire - Athletes need to wear neat, sports clothes (i.e. any club/team uniform or collared shirt/long pants)
Competition schedule (*draft only)
8:45am - Welcome
9am - Warm-up
9:30am - 12pm - Singles competition
12pm - Singles competition award presentation
12:15pm - Break
12:30pm - Teams competition (*optional)
2:45pm - Teams competition award presentation
Who can get involved?
- Athletes who are registered as 2023 Special Olympics members
- Athletes who are TBA members who train/play in any existing leagues or programs
- Athletes who want to become eligible to compete in upcoming Special Olympics state and national competitions, including our upcoming 2023 State Games
How to register:
To compete in the competition, athletes must register online via this page by Friday 21 July. Athletes register as an individual player. For the team competition, teams will be determined by the event organising committee.
Before the day, all registered athletes will receive an information pack with further information on the event.
Need support? Please contact Special Olympics WA at firstname.lastname@example.org.