Group Walk and Talk + sunset drinks by the ocean
Calling all SA Women in Business...
Wind down at the end of the work week and join in some compassionate conversations.
Join SA Woman Australia member and Walk and Talk Psychotherapist,
for a casual group Walk and Talk followed by sunset drinks overlooking the sea at Oceanique restaurant, West Beach, on Friday the 29th of October starting at 4pm.
Connect with other passionate women in business in a supportive and relaxing environment where we can share our struggles and wins in business and life.
This social gathering, has been created to support the mental health of women in business and is open to all.
The walking pace of the group will vary, but no-one will be left behind. Compassion and connection is the focus, not competition or counting steps or calories. It will be an inclusive, weight-neutral* space free from diet-talk :)
Meet in the carpark at the Adelaide Sailing Club, we'll then walk along the foreshore, looping back to Oceanique where we'll enjoy drinks on the deck overlooking the ocean.
Your ticket price includes your first drink.
If you would like to stay for a meal, as some of us intend to, please choose the option in the ticket section, or call oceanique.com.au to secure a table.
More about the 'why' behind this event:
Ailsa Robson loves to walk in nature and connect like-minded people through shared compassionate conversation.
These walking group experiences have been created for people who know they need to add more self care into their life, and who enjoy walking for their emotional health.
What you get out of it:
• Space to breathe in nature.
• a lovely reprieve from your day to day commitments.
• some company and a chance to connect.
• an opportunity to share stories about your present life and your hopes for the future.
• sweet post-walk endorphins and good vibes.
• the chance to continue chatting over refreshments afterwards.
Extra benefits that may occur on your walk: Seeds may be sown in your mind and form into new ideas, adventures, and ways of being, plus you may meet some new friends!
At this moment in history, during trying circumstances, it is even more imperative to
- get outside amongst nature
- feel connected to others
- feel listened to, and heard.
We will be walking a safe distance apart outside in nature, enjoying heartfelt chats and shared laughter.
The focus on the walk:
Ailsa invites you to explore in your own mind, and whilst walking and talking with the group what you have noticed you need right now in your life. Be curious and compassionate toward yourself and the others. You never know what 'gold' will surface for you.
These walks are not therapy sessions, though they are very therapeutic and facilitated by a qualified Psychotherapist. They each run for an hour in some beautiful natural locations with lovely people, and often end with refreshments afterwards, if time permits.
**Extra precautions are being taken on each walk due to COVID-19. If you are showing signs of illness, you must not attend and your booking fee will be refunded. If you have been advised to self-quarantine, stay home and we'll see you when your quarantine is over**
About your facilitator:
Ailsa is an experienced Walk and Talk Psychotherapist, and a Health At Every Size®* provider. Whilst she is a qualified mental health professional, these walks are purely informal group social events with an element of caring for your own emotional health through mindful movement and connection with others.
Further information about working individually with Ailsa can be found on her website.
* HAES® and weight neutral definitions can be found here.
- Walks will go ahead subject to weather - if cancelled due to inclement weather your ticket price will be reimbursed.
- This event is a social meeting, not intended to be supervised exercise. If you have any concerns about your health and attending this event please see your GP or appropriate Allied Health Provider first. It is your responsibility to ensure the walk is appropriate for your own health needs.
- Most importantly you will not be allowed to participate if you are showing any signs of illness or have been told that you must quarantine due to COVID-19. It is imperative that we follow government advice through this pandemic.
- These walks are subject to change depending on government health advice and may be cancelled with little notice - you will receive prompt notification & a refund if that occurs.
Any questions please feel free to message Ailsa via her social media pages or email: email@example.com