"Emotional Coaching" - Parent Seminar
Led by the WCCS Psychologists, all Parents and Carers of school aged children are invited to this seminar where we will discuss how to support emotional intelligence in your child and teenager.
What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional Intelligence is about using your emotions to guide you through the world, including making decisions, focused learning, finding calm, relating to others and managing conflicts and stress. Emotional Intelligence assists in many aspects of life that involve you, your child, and others.
Why is Emotional Intelligence important?
Research demonstrates that children with greater emotional intelligence have been shown to:
- Have greater success with making friendships and be more able to manage conflict with peers
- Have better concentration, which means they are more likely to be successful academically
- Be more able to self soothe when upset or angry
- Tend to have fewer childhood illnesses
- Have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults; and
- Have greater career success … emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ!
Using the lens of child development, neuroscience and psychology, the team will present Emotional Coaching as a practical tool that parents can use to connect with their children and foster emotional intelligence at different stages of childhood and adolescence.
Please note: There is no children supervision at this event.