A neo-Gothic bluestone church built in 1858 which underwent major restoration works in 2018-19. Significant modifications were made to the interior of the church while preserving its traditional character. The externals of the church were also restored in a major way with a new slate roof, cleaning and repointing of all stonework, and cleaning and repairing of all stained glass windows. The environment surrounding the church has also been sympathetically addressed including the complete restoration of the three other heritage buildings on the site: the Caretaker's Cottage, the Manse and the School House.
There will be guided and self-guided tours of the church building, including organ gallery, and surrounding cluster of heritage buildings in the urban green space of Wesley Place. See significant 19th-century architecture by Joseph Reed and stained-glass windows and significant paintings by Rupert Bunny. Hear social history commentaries relating to political developments in welfare support, health and housing. Learn more about the recent restoration upgrade to site, completed in 2019.
Please note: Only ground floor is wheelchair accessible, not the gallery.