Whangārei Night Lights Festival 2023 - Thursday 6th July (kids free!)
IF YOU FIND THE TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT ON THE NEXT PAGE please check the other available dates here: https://www.whangareilights.co...
A family-friendly night time event for all ages. Walk-through and experience more than 2,500 square metres of lit natural spaces, waterways and buildings at your own pace. Showcasing local Northland visual artists across digital media, projections, lighting, sound and immersive experiences. Supported by Northland performers from diverse arts including fire spinning, circus, dance and entertainers.
All attendees are encouraged to light up! Bring your own lights and be part of creating this great festival experience!
The event dates have been specifically chosen to coincide with the July school holidays and Matariki, celebrating the first rising of the Pleiades star cluster. Dress for the weather and fires across the event site will keep everyone warm!
Bookings essential and there will be no cash door sales available.
Food and beverages will be available onsite from local schools and community groups fundraising for good causes.
While entry under 16 is free, children must be supervised at all times by a parent or carer. Kids do not require tickets but must be accompanied by at least one paid Adult ticket. Children are not permitted to be dropped-off and left unattended.
Ensure you provide a correct and valid email address, share updates with people attending with you.
Read the general terms and conditions for more details. Please check your emails for updates.
Important things to know:
- this is a community not-for-profit event
- be kind to our neighbours and respectful when entering and departing the event
- check for email updates from us or on our website (www.whangareilights.com) prior to the event especially in the 24 hours before your ticket time
- this is an all weather outdoor event. In case of showers bring an umbrella, raincoat and suitable footwear. If there has been rain in the days preceding the event, it may be wet and muddy.
- in the case of an extreme weather event (Orange or Red) we may reschedule your session or delay start times. Refunds are not available for weather related rescheduling.
- parking is outside the venue. If you have a mobility pass, participants can be dropped off and the driver will need to park off-site. Parking on-site for mobility pass drivers is very limited and subject to availability at the time
- you may arrive earlier or later than your scheduled session, however, entry will be subject to capacity limits
- if your group has different ticket times, we will allow the group to enter as soon as possible based on the majority of entry times
- tickets can only be used once. If you cannot attend on the day of your ticket, we will honour tickets from dates earlier or in the future subject to capacity and availability
- performances start every 15-30 minutes and change through the evening and on different dates
- we reserve the right to invalidate excessive ticket purchases and refund the purchaser
- entry will be refused to disruptive or intoxicated individuals for safety reasons
- anyone who is disruptive, intoxicated or lacking respect for the event will need to leave the property when asked by an event organiser or delegate
- you are required to stay within the designated event areas for your own safety and the protection of people, art work and infrastructure
- you will be liable for damage to any property or person caused by you or anyone you have purchased a ticket for
- you may be asked for identification and evidence of age. We reserve the right to request and receive a copy of identification and age verification
- if things change for you, refer to refund policy (below) for more details
- the only tickets that are valid are those purchased directly through humanitix.com
- please contact us for primary ticketholder name changes
- we thank you for your support!