What's Possible? LaunchHUB Showcase | RMIT Activator
Discover What's Possible? with the next generation of start ups changing the world.
On our biggest night of 2022, join us to hear our LaunchHUB cohort pitch, from exciting speakers in our community, PLUS - the beginning of our entrepreneurship month, What's Possible?
5:30 - 5:45: We get straight into it with welcomes from our Director Matt Salier, MC, an exciting keynote (TBA) and more!
5:45 - 6:45: Pitches pitch - we give you a break and deliberation time to cast your vote in there as well.
6:45 - 7:00: Announcement of Best Pitch and People's Choice and formalities wrap up.
7:00 onwards: Delicious food and drink and plenty of other surprises including activations from our community! Group think workshop! Door prizes! New friends!
It all takes place in the beautiful surrounds of Our Place, overlooking Melbourne CBD from QV. We have a night of surprises planned to celebrate the coming together of our latest founders and the program of What's Possible? Entrepreneurship Month, which amplifies innovation and entrepreneurship across RMIT.
Our current LaunchHUB cohort is an exciting example of the future of impact focused ventures. We are so proud to see our founders' hard work come to a peak during the showcase. Hear them pitch and help decide on a crowd favourite. Pitching start ups:
- Ample | Founded by Charles Skender: Design-led horticultural lighting solutions.
- Brave Feet | Founded by Eva Heraud: A natural kids shoe brand letting feet be feet saving the world two feet at a time.
- ConnectUs | Founded by Jade Armstrong: ConnectUs is a bespoke game company creating conversation through play to connect the world.
- Equoia | Founded by Puven Pather and Jessica Gower: Renewable energy solutions for the film and television industry with battery hardware and software that reduce Co2e.
- Gourmakers | Founded by Zachary Sweeney: Gourmakers is a gourmet travel app which helps connect people and promote the sustainability of regional producers throughout Australia.
- Health Hotels | Founded by Matthew Masson, Clint Wilkie, Hobin Lee and David Cummins: We partner with hospitals to increase their occupancy rate and provide better clinical outcomes for healing patients.
- Eventivity | Founded by Lawrence Wong: Eventivity is an online event platform that connects consumers with event and travel businesses. Consumers simply list what they want, and relevant businesses can reach out with their offers.
- Cultured | Founded by Sayaka Sayeed: Digital workbooks, wellbeing trackers and support groups to help migrant communities navigate mental health issues relevant to their culture.
- Skrunch-it | Founded by Pieter Lamb and Dravid Koura: The mission of the Skrunch-it is to enable more people to participate in recycling and divert more soft plastics from landfill.
What's Possible? Entrepreneurship Month:
Together with the Victoria Circular Activator, you'll also be helping us boost our month of entrepreneurial events into action! What's Possible? is Activator's yearly highlight reel of everything RMIT has to offer in the world of entrepreneurship. A gathering of ideas translated into experiences, where you can choose your own adventure and become inspired by anything and everything possible. This year, our itinerary of events are spread across the month of October. The first few are live, with number one being the event you're reading about right now, plus:
SPARK Uni - Entrepreneurial Students Meetup
SPARK Impact - Tech for Good Founders Pitch Night
And much, much more in store.
RMIT Activator's Acknowledgement of Country