Where Oceans Meet: A Charity Concert
Where Oceans Meet is a charity concert featuring traditional instruments of the Indo-Pacific region, such as Indonesian gamelan, Japanese taiko, and Chinese guzheng, and music written by composers of Asian descent. Proceeds will go towards the Australian Red Cross Global COVID-19 Appeal.
Your ticket includes Southeast Asian refreshments during interval.
Featuring performances from:
- Gamelan Langen Swara
- Western Australia Guzheng Academy
- Chung Wah Chinese Orchestra
- Taiko On
- UWA Music Students' Society
And special guest speakers:
- Dr Annie Fogarty AM, Executive Chairperson of the Fogarty Foundation
- Professor Shamit Saggar, Director of the UWA Public Policy Institute
- Mr Dylan Walsh, Deputy Director of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) WA State Office
Thank you for recognising and supporting the diversity and rich culture of the region, and the traditional instruments and composers of underrepresented racial, ethnic and cultural heritages. This event is proudly supported by the Fogarty Foundation, UWA Conservatorium of Music, ASEAN-Australia Strategic Youth Partnership, UWA Music Students' Society, UWA Public Policy Institute and the WA Charity Orchestra.