Discover the Power of Wholefoods - Nutrition, Medicine and Wellbeing (Biloela)
Join Stacey Curcio from Cultivating Wellness and Liz Porter from Soltree Wholefoods for a fun afternoon learning about the nutritional, medicinal and wide-ranging benefits of some superstar wholefoods.
Using wholefoods, herbs and spices in your recipes or as natural remedies doesn’t have to be daunting or complicated. The beauty of these foods is that they are not only powerful, but also forgiving, fun and totally delicious!
In this session we will…
- Explore the nuances of a range of herbs, spices and wholefoods and the benefits they bring.
- Explain the nutritional and medicinal profiles of foods and herbal medicines such as dandelion, chamomile, edible seaweeds, elderberries, ginger, garlic, thyme, cinnamon and medicinal mushrooms; and teach you who they’re most suitable for and how to incorporate these foods into your diet.
- Teach you how to make your own herbal tinctures (folk recipe), medicinal honey, herbal vinegars, oxymels and syrups to support gut and immunity.
- Answer all your questions related to effective dosing, and how to safely combine these homemade medicines with conventional medicines.
- Discuss why a wholesome diet matters, and where you can access wholefoods from.
In addition to this, you will receive gift bags (valued at $25) with recipes, healthy treats and your very own herbal medicine that you will make on the day. We will also provide some light afternoon tea refreshments and a wholesome hot drink.
About the hosts...
Stacey is a degree qualified Naturopath and Nutritionist with over 10 years of experience. She's also a mother, foodie and nature nerd.
Liz is the co-owner of Soltree Wholefoods and a Holistic Counsellor. She's also a mother, foodie and artist.