Women’s Bike Skill Training workshop
It is a 2.5hour female-only bicycle riding workshop where you will meet other women in a non-competitive friendly environment and be guided by an accredited cycling Instructor, Mara Ferraro. She is passionate about supporting women to develop their confidence and skills in riding a bike.
The session includes:
• ABCD safety check
• How to inflate tyres, both Presta and Schrader valves
• Practice of emergency stopping
• Learning how to corner safely and execute good turns
• Practice of various bike handling skills to develop confidence riding on paths and bike trails
• Learning some fundamental bike hand signals/ calls, passing and group riding etiquette and managing gear changes more effectively
The session offers training opportunity for 8 participants so be quick and firm in making decision. All you need is bike, helmet, and comfortable clothes to cycle in.
This event is supported by City of Whittlesea in partnership with Whittlesea Bicycle Users Group and will end with a BBQ provided by Whittlesea BUG.'
Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Transport Planner (City of Whittlesea) (03) 9217 2170