Beginners Drawing Class (8 Weeks) T4
Improve your drawing and observation skills. Using a variety of media and subject matter, learn new techniques and
skills for drawing. Beginners to intermediate level.
What will be covered in this course?
The 8 week course will cover a variety of subject matter and techniques including contour drawing, still life, landscape, figure drawing and portraits. Some concepts covered are perspective, creating depth, contour and tonal drawing. Subject matter covered are basic shapes, still life, animals, landscape and portraits.
By the end of this course students will have learnt?
Students will have learnt the basics of drawing which will help with every other art media such as painting and
sculpture. Drawing helps improve hand / eye coordination, stimulates your problem-solving ability and your
THIS CLASS IS FOR: Adults
LOCATION: Woolgoolga Gallery 73 Turon Parade Woolgoolga
TIME: Tuesday Afternoons 1-4 pm
DURATION: 8 weeks
WHEN: 10th October - 28th November
TUTOR: Donna Ellwood
COST: Member $150/ Non Member$160
Newsprint is available for purchase. The media used will include lead pencil, ball point pen, and felt tip pen, charcoal, and colour pencil.
● Charcoal: box of willow stick, charcoal pencil, compressed, white pencil
● Set of Lead pencils: 2H – 6B
● Erasers: Kneaded, white and gum
● Felt tip pens set of colour and black- variety of widths
● Set of colour pencils
● Sketch pad A4 and A3 110 GSM
● Folio for carrying drawings (A3 or A2)
● Tracing paper
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Donna has been involved in the practice and education of art for a number of years, She enjoys inspiring others to challenge themselves, try new things and to create original art works.
Some of her career highlights related to her arts training are:
· Bachelor of Fine Arts and teaching degree
· High School and TAFE Art Teacher for over 20 years
- Senior Teacher in Art Department at Moorabbin College of TAFE
- Materials Production Officer for Ministry of Education Victoria
- Public Relations and Publicity Officer City of Springvale
- Qualified florist
Now she is retired from full time work and is keen to go back to her first interests of teaching and creating art. She is particularly keen on watercolour, drawing and acrylic painting but has experience in a number of art related fields.