World Soil Day & International Volunteer Celebration
This event has passed Get tickets
Join us for a community day to celebrate soil & vollies - a morning of compost making, soil inspection and a lunch feast!
Common Ground Project would love to see you down at the regenerative farm from 9:30-1:30pm on December 5th (World Soil Day and International Volunteer Day!).
Help us make a compost lasagne and learn about the make-up of soil (and how our soil is going!) from Declan Ramsay Malone, a soil biology lab technician.
We will end the day with a delicious Community Feast made of farm harvest produce.
This event is also to celebrate the end of Urban Agriculture Month, where we are welcoming volunteers to help us transform our new community garden every Tuesday in November from 9:30-1pm.
We are so grateful for our volunteers, who have rocked up to help us on the farm weekly across the whole year. This is our chance to say thankyou. We know that volunteers make the social and farming sectors go round - they are the glue, their hours and energy are invaluable contributions to not for profits, small scale farms & emergency food relief (just to name a few).
Entry is of course free, but please register so we know numbers - to avoid that silly food waste!
What to Wear & Bring
- Come dressed for any weather – rain, hail or shine!
- We suggest wearing waterproof and sun-smart clothing, including; a rain jacket, hat, sunscreen, closed-toe shoes, pants and comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Please note: to protect yourself on the farm, you must wear closed-toed shoes. Flat boots or gumboots are suitable, especially when it rains.
- Please bring a waterbottle and your own materials for note taking.
- If you are attached to your own gardening gloves, bring those!