Worm farming 101
Prepare to get your hands dirty with Kiran and Debbie from Growing Together for a two-hour worm farming workshop at Winedown Permaculture in Bawley Point!
This workshop will give you the skills and confidence to create your own low-cost, high-yield worm farm! You will learn:
- How to build a suitable home for your worms using everyday materials
- What to feed your worms
- How to keep your worm happy and productive
- How to make a worm tea (for your plants :))
- All about vermicompost and how to use it in your garden
- And, the difference between compost worms and earthworm
All participants will be given a little bag of compost worms at the end of the workshop.
This workshop will be outside, please bring appropriate clothing, a hat, closed shoes and pen and paper for notes. All children and teens under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
Early bird gets the worm! Tickets are limited so book your place today to avoid disappointment. Proceeds from this workshop will go towards supporting the infrastructure Growing Together needs to start up our market gardens. Find out more