WRIQ PFAS Masterclass
PFAS are emerging contaminants which pose one of the biggest challenges for business while governments continue to develop their regulatory response on how to manage these chemicals which are persistent and prolific in the environment. These challenges include the categorisation of waste impacted by PFAS, its transport, treatment and waste disposal.
WRIQ has partnered with law firm Corrs Chambers Westgarth to host a masterclass on the current and emerging issues around PFAS including the regulatory response in Australia.
This masterclass will include:
- An overview of PFAS chemicals and their unique characteristics
- A summary of the developing regulatory responses in Australia and litigation in Australia and internationally
- A recap on the evolution of the PFAS National Environmental Management Plan as the first harmonised guidance to PFAS management across the country
- An overview on issues and challenges associated with managing PFAS impacted wastes on the ground – Sampling and assessment, categorisation, transport and waste tracking
- Issues encountered by landfills in accepting PFAS impacted waste and leachate management
- A snapshot by industry representatives about the treatment options for PFAS impacted soils under development and being deployed in Australia and overseas
- Question and Answer with one of Australia’s leading law firms on the topic
Delivered by Corrs Chambers Westgarth
*WRIQ Refund Policy: Cancellations will be accepted up to 5 working
days prior to the event and a refund of your registration fee less 5%
booking fee will be issued. Delegate name changes will be accepted at any time leading up to the event. Please note that it may not be
possible to accommodate late requests for special dietary requirements. Cancellations or amendments will be confirmed in writing (email) by WRIQ.