Yoga & the Nervous System
Join Whitney (200E-RYT/500RYT) on the vital journey of understanding the incredible complexity of the human autonomic nervous system and how yogic techniques affect our states of being. Ancient yogic technology was designed to shape our state and now modern science has discovered and proven that these practices have profound effects on our nervous system. Understanding these tools can give lifelong access to knowing the innate stability and groundedness we were always meant to have access to and experience. Our entire lives are us experiencing our nervous system, constantly. This workshop intends to invites us into a deeper understanding of the body's internal wiring and reactions to the external of our lives.
The nervous system shapes the way we feel, and the way we feel is how we experience life.
This 2.5-hour workshop includes:
• Discourse on the autonomic nervous system (how we internally react to our external environment)
• Stress’ effect on the body and tools to manage it
• The power of the breath and its stimulation on the reactive and restful states
• How yogic tools are masterful in the control of our nervous system
• Techniques that we can use in our daily lives (off the mat!)
• A practice of asana (postures), pranayama (breathing techniques) and meditation
• A booklet to take home and keep forever