Young Farmers Connect - Field Day at Plenty Valley Produce
Young Farmers Connect – Field Day at Plenty Valley Produce
Date : Sunday 11th June 2023
Cost: FREE for YFC Members, Non-members by donation
Join us for the upcoming Young Farmers Connect field day in the picturesque Plenty Valley, 50 mins north of Melbourne CBD. This event is for YFC Members and non-members alike - all welcome!
This will be an interactive morning and afternoon designed to deepen the understanding of farmers young and all around all things soil health with opportunities to learn about soil structure, chemistry, biology and practices based on these principles.
Michael is a young farmer with a passion for growing delicious food and healthy plants. Michael has a background in horticulture and has worked in botanical gardens around Australia. Since moving to Victoria, he has developed a passion for soil heath.This is Michael’s 3rd season growing organic produce and 1st season on this farm.
Plenty Valley Produce is a small market garden, owned and operated by Michael and Sam. The farm shares land with Thanisa from Wattle Gully Produce (a cut flower farm) and is nestled on the creek bank of a livestock property.
Join us as we connect and continue to build and strengthen our community of farmers, supporters, and consumers in peri-urban Melbourne and Victoria.
Hope to see you there!
- Please book for this event so we can cater appropriately
- Lunch: Will be provided.
- All welcome: new, young, aspiring farmers – seasoned farmers through to the agricurious!
- Bring a bottle of water, closed toe shoes, hats, warm clothes and wet weather gear just in case.
- Please remember we will be visiting a working farm – consider your own safety at all times. This event is family-friendly – children are welcome but must be strictly supervised for safety.
- Please leave your dogs at home
- Existing and new YFC members: please update your membership at www.youngfarmersconnect.com
Please arrive early for prompt start
10:00am Acknowledgement of Country
10:10am Michael soil talk/farm tour
1:30pm onwards : Optional working bee and opportunity to experience work flows and efficiency on the farm
We look forward to welcoming you to our COVID-Safe event.
All attendees are asked to purchase their tickets online before attending the event.
Please do not attend if you have any symptoms conducive with COVID-19 (e.g. cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, vomiting, diarrhoea or shortness of breath).
A hand sanitisation station and hand washing facilities will be available, please ensure you wash and/or sanitise your hands on arrival, during the event, and before lunch as appropriate.
Thank you for your assistance.