Young People in Arts and Culture METRO consultation workshop
If the event has sold out PLEASE join the waitlist as it is LIKELY a place will become available.
- Are you aged 12 to 25?
- Do you work in the arts industry as a creative, artist, director, writer, performer, or at an arts and culture venue, company, or organisation?
- Are you studying or taking classes in the arts, or do you want to join the industry?
- Do you love going to art and culture galleries, shows, venues, and events?
- Do you want to have your say about how the State Government supports arts and culture for young people over the next 10 years?
If you answered YES to any or all of these questions, then we want to hear from you!
The Youth Affairs Council of Western Australia (YACWA) is thrilled to partner with the Department of Local Government, Sport, and Cultural Industries (DLGSC) to run a consultation workshop for young people engaged in the arts.
The arts industry has changed significantly in the
last few years. We know that young people in particular have been deeply affected by these
changes. The COVID pandemic, cost of living, new technology, changes in tertiary education, and more, have impacted the way young people engage in arts and culture.
The State Government is currently re-developing their 10 Year Vision for Culture and the Arts in WA to capture the changes in the industry and plan for the next 10 years. It is critical that the perspectives of young people are considered within this.
About this workshop
This is a FREE workshop for young people aged 12 to 25 who are interested in the arts industry in WA. In this workshop you will:
- Learn more about the State Government's 10 Year Vision for Culture and the Arts in WA
- Share your thoughts about the current state of the arts industry (the good and the bad)
- Discuss the critical issues that impact young people's engagement in the arts
- Brainstorm how the State Government can support young people in the arts and address challenges in the industry over the next 10 years
Why come along?
- Have your say! You will have the opportunity to share your thoughts, ideas, and concerns
- Be part of the future. Your ideas will help shape the actions of the State Government over the next 10 years
Find your people. Meet like-minded young people who care about arts and
- Receive a $50 VISA EFTPOS gift voucher. All attendees will receive a gift card to thank them for their contribution
- Food and drinks will be provided
- The consultation will be run by young people who engage in the arts in WA
- The venue is fully accessible
Where do I get more information?
For more information on this workshop or the project, please contact Lianda Gibson at email@example.com or
Matthew at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 9227 5440.
To find out more about the 10 Year Vision for Culture and the Arts in WA and the DLGSC's previous plan, you can visit the DLGSC website here.
*If you are under the age of 18, you will need parent/guardian consent to attend (unless you are an independent minor). Select the under 18 ticket option so we can contact you.
We can't wait to hear from you!