Zero Waste Fashion Masterclass - 2 of 3 - Grading for Zero Waste Patterns
MASTERCLASS 2/3 - Grading for zero waste patterns - 4hours
Objective: To explore and test the different solutions to grading zero waste patterns.
- An introduction to the different ways that we can grade a zero waste pattern.
- Using a zero waste pattern that you've created or a pattern of another zero waste designer we will apply the conventional grading method and will create a new marker of the smallest and largest sizes to test if grading the pattern conventionally results in zero/minimal waste.
- We will make small changes to the conventionally graded pattern pieces if needed, to achieve a better yield.
- You will apply a zero waste grading technique that you think best suits your pattern, marker, fabric and garment.
- We will compare the conventional grading technique & your chosen zero waste grading technique for speed and accuracy.
Tools to bring:
A zero waste pattern, Grading tools, Pens & pencils, Sketch books / paperPattern making equipment - eg. Awl, pencil, ruler, setsquare, scissors
Lap top with your pattern grading / marker making programmes. You might also need Adobe illustrator for this task.