Art Workshop: Painting Seascapes
Create a Soulful Landscape
Are you looking for something creative to do?
Are you visiting Dunsborough with a small group?
If you love seascapes and have always wanted to create your own painting, this is for you. What's more, it wont just be a painting, it will have a bit of you in it because you are unique. A painting with soul.
In this two and a half hour session Heidi will introduce you to the tonal impressionist art techniques that were passed on to her. She will walk you though her process, how to observe and guide you in your own creation of a painting using those techniques and tips. Come and enjoy seeing things differently and meet some other like minded people. You will complete and take home your own painting, ready to hang!
This workshop is perfect for all levels of experience; from those who have never picked up a paintbrush and beginners to practicing artists who wish to try and new approach. Beginners find Heidi's workshops non-threatening and safe, with gentle encouraging instruction that will see your creativity unleashed. Regular artists appreciate a different way of approaching a scene and generous tip sharing. Some come once to have a memorable experience and are inspired to continue on their artistic journey. Others come back again and again to build their skills and enjoy some creative time for themselves, applying their learning to different subject matter.
This session is perfect for small groups of family or friends, or you’re welcome to book in on your own.
The subject of this workshop is seascape, where we will work from a photograph of a South West beach taken by Heidi. This is not a paint and sip class; you’ll have plenty of time to immerse yourself in the experience of painting, have guidance and create a unique work with our own flare.
Over the course of the workshop you will be encouraged in how to really see and observe, and experience the glorious feeling of losing yourself in time and space while you work on something creative. I will guide and assist you along the way with colour mixing, how to attend to tonal values to produce realistic, three dimension works, how to resolve mistakes and different ways of mark making. You will work with a my usual palette of colours in acrylic paints and hear a few tips for how you would use the same techniques in oils as is my usual practice.
What to expect:
- Learn Heidi’s techniques
- A short demonstration by Heidi and then the majority of the time you will be painting, guided by Heidi
- All supplies and materials included
- How to attend to tone and shape
- How to mix colours and to alter any colour to achieve the colour you intend to use
- Walk away with a finished painting on stretched canvas
- Small group tuition to maintain quality individual instruction
- A fun surprise at the end when you reveal your work
Additionally as a workshop attendee you will have:
- 20% off any purchases at cellar door at Rivendell on the day of the workshop
- 10% off any Children’s birthday workshop booking up to 12 months from the workshop date, subject to availability. *
- 10% discount on your next Group Workshop Booking.*
On the Day:
- Bring a positive and open attitude. I will remind you to be kind to yourself!
- Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind possible staining (apron provided).
- Feel free to arrive earlier to do wine tasting to work out which glass of wine you would like compliments of Heidi. Otherwise please arrive on time to ensure you don’t miss important information and to get settled in.
- Enjoy 20% off at Cellar Door!
A maximum of 9 participants can attend this workshop. Refunds are not provided, however, all tickets are transferable to another person for that session.
Workshops require a minimum of 4 people. In the event that the workshop requires cancelling, a full refund or your choice to transfer to a re-scheduled workshop will be available, as well as a complimentary gift given.
Additional steps to make sure everyone can stay healthy and safe when we you visit . Unfortunately, due to protecting the health of others, if you are unwell, please respect others and do not attend, letting Heidi know. This information will be kept in confidence.
*non-refundable Deposit required
PLEASE NOTE: While you are able to create and sell art using the skills and knowledge you have gained from attending this workshop, all Heidi Emma workshops are covered by Copyright. Participants are not authorized to teach or sell the information presented within this workshop which remains the intellectual property of Heidi Emma. Written approval is to be obtained by Heidi in order to reproduce the content of this workshop in an educational or instructional manner which she has the right not to approve.