Let us take all the hassle out of organising your child’s birthday party. Come to the Collingwood Children’s Farm, and not only can your guests explore the farm and meet the animals but we can offer a private covered area with tables and seating for your group. This is your Party HQ!
We set you up in the Stables Paddock, a picturesque spot nestled between the orchard and the nursery garden, with river gums overlooking the Birrarung. The basic party package consists of a marquee, two trestle tables and hay bales for seating. You’re welcome to book extra marquees and trestle tables if required.
The Farm Cafe has excellent catering options which we wholeheartedly recommend. You are also welcome to organise your own catering or BYO food and drinks (nothing alcoholic).
Please note, there are no cooking facilities at the Farm.
Guinea Pig Cuddles
A guinea pig cuddle session is 30 minutes long and caters for up to 30 children (and adults if they like).
Book a session of face painting for your party! The first hour costs $170 and additional hours are $90 per hour. Our face-painter can create full-face designs for 15 children per hour or small designs for 20 children per hour.
Please note: if you have more than 20 children attending you must book additional hours.
The Party Wagon is a cute little wooden wagon which comes with a picnic blanket, compostable plates and cutlery and outdoor wooden games like quoits and scatter. This can be booked on its own for small-scale parties which don't require the full HQ setup, or as an add-on to your larger party booking. The wagon hire costs $60 and there is a $60 bond, refunded when the wagon is returned with all of its contents intact.
Choose from the following:
1. Birthday Party HQ for $350, which includes:
- 1 x 6x3m pop-up marquee
- 2 x trestle tables
- 12 x hay bales
Please note, this package does not include Farm entrance fees for you or your guests.
- Guinea Pig cuddles - $130 (30 min session, maximum 30 guests)
- Face Painting - $170 for the first hour, $90 per additional hour
- Party Wagon - $60 (+ $60 bond, refundable at reception on return with everything intact)
- Extra 6x3m marquee - $170
- Extra 3x3m marquee - $110
- Extra trestle table - $20 each
Your birthday party is booked once you have paid for it here through Humanitix.
Guests can either book their tickets in advance, or we can keep a tally of the guests on the day and charge you after the party. This minimises stress about RSVPs and no-shows.
- To protect our animals and grounds, please don’t bring balloons, streamers, piñatas, poppers or ball games.
- Please note that the consumption of alcohol is not permitted on the Farm. Please bring only non-alcoholic drinks and no glass.
- If you have booked guinea pig cuddles, a Farmer will bring the guinea pigs for the kids (and adults) to pat. The guinea pigs sit in little baskets and are put in the kids' laps for a cuddle for a few minutes each.
- Bring sensible shoes, a jacket, sunscreen, a hat or an umbrella, depending on the weather.
- There are no refunds due to weather conditions. If it is more than 35 degrees, animal activities will be cancelled and any private guinea pig sessions will be refunded.
- There is no alternative undercover space for parties. The Barn is a public space open to all guests and can't be used for private parties.
- Trestle tables are 180cm long x 90cm wide, with a white plastic top. You are welcome to bring tablecloths.
- Hay bales are 90cm long, 45cm wide and 40 cm high, and can comfortably seat two adults or three children.
- Other tables and chairs at the Farm are not for hire or use for birthday parties
- The COVID Safe requirements current at the time of the party will apply, including regulations regarding vaccinations, masks and social distancing.
- We ask that you don't bring dogs to birthday parties; wrangling children and guinea pigs is enough!
- Children over the age of two can have their faces painted.
- Children must be able to sit unassisted in the artist's chair (with the exception of a physical disability).
- If a child does not consent to getting their face painted, or appears to be distressed, they will not be painted.
- No child or adult with a known allergy to face paint, visible signs of a contagious illness (runny nose, irregular cough etc.) or contagious skin condition will be painted.