Brothers Camping with ISOC UNSW! - T3 2023
Adventure Camping Retreat: 🏕️ Embrace Nature, Brotherhood, and Faith 🕌
Join us for an adventurous journey to one of NSW's most spectacular camping spots. In this 3-day trip, you will have the opportunity to bond with your brothers while appreciating the beauty of nature 🌿🌄 and enjoying the taste of Afghan cuisine🍛🇦🇫.
Insha’Allah you will have memorable days and nights 🌟. One of the beauties of camping is being away from the everyday materialistic world and getting the chance to see the astonishing nature that Allah (SWT) has created. It also means that you may face some challenges 💪 when you get out of your comfort zone. Hence you need to be prepared. Don’t worry if you are not sure what to bring, we have created the below list to help you.
What to Bring 🎒
- Opal card 🚌
- Sleeping bag 🛌
- Camping mattress 🏕️
- Tent or swag ⛺
- Comfortable shoes 👟
- Small camping chair 🪑
- Toothpaste and toothbrush 🪥
- Swimming shorts 🩳
- Towel 🏊♂️🚿
- Mug or glass ☕🥤
- $1 coins for a hot shower 💧🚿
All your camping equipment can be purchased for a cheap price from either BigW or Kmart (this is not an advertisement for these supermarkets). Please feel free to try other specific camping shops for a better quality if you wish so. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Our journey begins promptly at 7:30 AM on Saturday, 30/09/23, at the Squarehouse (Musalla) on campus. Should you have any questions or require assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. 📞📧
Day 1: Saturday, 14/10/23
- 7:30 AM: Meet at the Squarehouse (Musalla) on campus. 🏫
- 8:00 AM: Depart from the university (via public transport or private vehicles). 🚗🚆
- 11:20 AM: Arrive at our destination, The Basin Campground. 🏞️
- 11:30 AM: Choose camping spots and set up tents. ⛺
- 1:00 PM: Free time to relax or explore the campground. 🌳
- 6:00 PM: Dinner 🍽️.
- 8:00 PM: Head to bed. 🌙
Day 2: Sunday, 15/10/23
- 5:45 AM: Fajr prayer 🙏.
- 6:10 AM: Short Islamic talk at the beach 🏖️.
- 7:30 AM: Breakfast 🍳.
- 10:00 AM: Start a scenic walk (remember to bring water 💧).
- 3:00 PM: Enjoy swimming 🏊.
- 6:15 PM: Dinner (Afghan BBQ 🍢).
- 8:00 PM: Free time 🕗.
Day 3: Monday, 16/10/23
- 5:45 AM: Fajr prayer 🌅.
- 6:00 AM: Quran recitation 📖.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast 🥐.
- 9:00 AM: Begin packing up tents 🏕️.
- 10:00 AM: Gather for reflections 🤲.
- 2:00 PM: Conclude the trip back to the university. 🚌🏫