SATURDAY 9th DECEMBER - COMPANY
DOORS 4pm SHOW 5pm -7pm
Tickets $20 + BF
Join us for the debut gig of new jazz and improvisation based quartet, Company. Led by emerging vocalist, Greta Williams and featuring the unique voices of some of Australia's most exciting improvisers and composers Cheryl Durongpisitkul (Alto Saxophone), Stephen Hornby (Double Bass) and Johannes Luebbers (Piano). The ensemble draws on their close friendships and family ties to explore themes of community, family, love, and separation through a collection of original tunes and delicate arrangements of folk songs, and works by Stephen Sondheim, Julien Wilson, Joni Mitchell and others.
Currently studying at Monash University, Greta Williams brings a diverse musical background in both classical and jazz voice. Greta has recorded and performed with Paul Grabowsky (2023) and Kristin Berardi (2022) as part of the Monash Sessions and will be performing as part of the Monash Art Ensemble at this year’s Melbourne International Jazz Festival. Other recent performances include Inverloch Jazz Festival (2023), Castlemaine Jazz Festival (2023), and as backing vocalist for iconic local electronic post-punk group, Essendon Airport. As classical vocalist, Greta has performed with Trinity College Choir, the Consort of Melbourne, and Victorian Youth Opera.Featuring:
Johannes Luebbers - Piano
Cheryl Durongpisitkul - Alto Saxophone
Stephen Hornby - Double BassArtwork: Robin Astley / Instagram: @robin.astley Website: https://www.robinastleyartist.com/
- In the case of feature ticketed shows, seating will be automatically assigned to all ticket holders, and please be aware that some tables are shared; no reservations are required for tables.
- Limited seating is offered for all dance party events to allow for an open dance floor experience.
- Open Studio offers a patio and an outdoor garden courtyard with seating.
- Enjoy a variety of options, including sweet and savory crepes, cheese boards, jaffles, homemade nachos, cocktails, mocktails, and more, served until late.
- Please note that all tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, as per our no-refund policy.
- The ticket price is inclusive of GST.
- A booking fee applies to all tickets.