Dare To Lead™ Brisbane - Presented In-Person by Debra Birks
Building Brave Leaders & Courageous Cultures
Delivered by Leading Facilitator, Experienced Certified Dare To Lead™ Facilitator & Leadership Coach - Debra Birks.
ALL NEW curriculum - delivered over 3-DAYS IN-PERSON for the full experience. No self-directed learning. All lessons completed in the room with your fellow Dare to Lead™ participants. Learn, Connect, Celebrate and Graduate to-gether...it is the best!
PLUS BONUS COACHING - 'Circle Back' Group Coaching session 1 mth after the workshop - (Value $700.00)
Group Discounts Available - contact the organiser
Day 1: Tue 10th Oct - 8:30am - 5.00pm
Day 2: Wed 11th Oct - 8:30am - 5:00pm
Day 3: Thu 12th Oct - 8:30am - 5:00pm
Why Dare To Lead™ Leadership?
The Dare To Lead™ program cultivates brave leaders and courageous cultures with a focus on accountable, self-aware and empathic leadership skill development. Leaders will strengthen skills to enable rising up from failures and set-backs, to align values into behaviours, to unlearn and relearn what vulnerability is and is not. This program supports emotional well-being, transformational in leadership, and life.
About the Dare To Lead™ program
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program of 4 skill sets that are measurable, teachable and observable and designed to be delivered by a Certified Dare To Lead™ Facilitator. This is a highly interactive and experiential workshop that delivers on its research in clear and practical ways.
Who should attend?
Brené defines a leader as "someone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people and processes and has the courage to develop that potential."
A Call to All Leaders. People leaders, self-leaders, emerging leaders, educators, community and business leaders, health professionals, coaches and consultants; this is a deep dive into 'Brave Leadership' and if you're committed to leading authentically, ethically and inclusively, with your whole heart, then this program is for you.
Discover how to...
- Cultivate courageous cultures and brave leaders
- Increase innovation and creativity
- Operationalise your values - reset and realign values to meaning and purpose
- Build empathy and the practice of self-care and emotional wellbeing
- Build trust through accountability, reliability and settiing boundaries
- Rise from setbacks – aquire strategies and skills to reset from failure and disappointment
Key Learning Outcomes
- Defining your Leadership identity
- Identify the 4 skill sets of courage
- Recognise the critical role that self-awareness plays in daring leadership
- How to show up for hard conversations
- Understand why courage requires vulnerability
- Why self-protection (armour) - not fear - is our greatest obstacle in daring leadership
- Identifying the myths of vulnerability
- Understand how courage is measurable, teachable and observable
- Cultivating an essential feedback culture
- A copy of Brené Brown's New York Times #1 bestselling book Dare to Lead™
- Dare to Lead™ official workbook only available from your Certified Dare To Lead™ Facilitator
- Dare to Lead™ ‘Participant Trained’ digital LinkedIn credential* a globally recognised leadership certificate
- Daring Leadership Assessment - measuring individual's courage skills-set
- Trust Assessment - (in-house team's only)
- Culture Assessment - assesses behaviours of Daring vs Armoured behaviours - (in-house team's only)
- Brené Brown videos - created exclusively for the Dare To Lead™ program
- Resources to continue and embed the learnings
- Access to ANEWDAY's private group coaching circles. Exclusive to DTL graduates - Value $2,000
Morning & afternoon Tea, and a nutritious lunch will be provided
*This program does not provide you with a Dare To Lead™ Certified Facilitator accreditation to facilitate the Dare To Lead™ program. However once the 3-day curriculum is completed you may be eligible to deliver the 'Daring Teams Rollout Program' to your broader team as a Daring Team's Co-ordinator. Register you interest with email@example.com
Virtual Delivery Option
N.B if for any reason outside our control, i.e., a Covid-19 outbreak, the program will be moved to a virtual platform or an alternative in-person date.
When delivering virtual programs we have invested in studio quality broadcast equipment and visual solutions. We also have a technical producer working with us to ensure high quality delivery and learning.
About Debra Birks - your facilitator
Debra, a Leading Certified Dare to Lead™ (CDTLF) and Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF) since 2016, an ICF, IECL Lvl 3 Executive/Leadership Coach of 17 years, and an experienced executive leader of 30+ years, she is also the Program Director & Facilitator of Dare To Lead™ at Monash University Executive Business Education where she provides public program options for Dare to Lead™.
Debra will facilitate and guide you through...
- the Dare To Lead™ 3-day curriculum - this is not a self directed learning. All lessons are completed in the face to face delivery.
- all lessons using Debra's own personal stories, humour, knowledge and wisdom to compliment the research and science.
- the skills, common language and tools required to operationalise your own courage in your organisation, workplace and life.
About Brené Brown
Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a 10 year study on courageous leadership. She is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers.
The Heart of Daring Leadership
- The foundations of Daring Leadership
- Identifying your call to courage as a leader
- The 11 elements of daring vs armoured leadership behaviours
- Armour vs fear and the armouring up process
- The 5Cs of strategic thinking, decision making and delegation
- Tools for grounded confidence
- Self-awareness and emotional literacy
Rumbling with Vulnerability
- Myths of vulnerability
- Building shame resilience
- Empathy and self-compassion skills
- Emotional literacy
Living into our Values
- Identify your core values
- Operationalise your values into aligned behaviours
- Rumble skills, tools and language
- Giving and receiving engaged feedback
BRAVING – Trust
- Anatomy of trust and psychological safety
- Trust with self, within teams and others
- Practicing boundaries integrity and generosity
Learning to Rise
- Getting emotionally hooked
- Barriers and strategies for reckoning with emotions
- The reckoning - getting curious about emotional hooks
- The rumble - conspiracies and confabulations of our stories
- The revolution - reset and rewrite a new ending
For any enquiries about the Dare To Lead™ event please contact the facilitator firstname.lastname@example.org
Will there be regular breaks during the program?
Yes. Over the 3-day in-person immersion your well-being is important so regular breaks and activities are provided for optimal engagement and learning.
Is lunch provided?
Yes. A delicious morning and afternoon tea is provided, plus a nutritous and plentiful lunch will be served to all attendees.
Do you run Dare To Lead™ for in-house teams?
Yes. You can attend a public program or bring Dare To Lead™ into your organisation. Both options are a 3-day format either in-person or virtual delivery. Please email the organiser email@example.com to discuss
Can I be invoiced rather than pay through Humanitix?
Yes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org direct to arrange payment
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
email@example.com or 0419406766
What's the refund policy?
No refunds available.
Is my ticket transferrable?
Yes. Tickets are transferable to another person or to another workshop date. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org four weeks in advance of the program commencement date if you require a date transfer, and within 2 weeks if you're transferring your ticket to another person. Alternate date transfers must be taken within 12 months of your first booking. Any program price increases will be past on to you prior to commencement of your new date. Program transfers within 7 days will incur a transfer and administration fee.
Is there parking at the event?
Parking at the hotel is available however strictly subject to availability.
The visitor’s carpark is located at the top of the driveway around to the left of the main building and includes both under cover and open air parking.
If the carpark is full, there is street parking available on Lambert and Cairns Streets however please take note of the street signs and abide by instructions accordingly.
Accommodation: The Point Brisbane will take care of any accommodation needs should you require this (07) 3240 0888