Farm Playgroup Term 4
Join us at the beautiful Green Connect Farm for a weekly Farm Playgroup.
We know there is nothing better than free time and free play in nature. It is this type of self-guided exploration that sets little souls on fire, sparks curiosity and is just so much fun. Our farm playgroup is 2hrs of messy, farmy fun.
Life is full of wild and wonderful adventures on the Green Connect Farm.
Our sessions include 1.5hrs of unstructured play-time with our recycled loose-parts, mud kitchen, sand pit, gardens and natural construction zone in the Childrens Garden.
We then have a 30min special activity each week that changes based on the natural happenings on the farm.
This include such wonderful things as;
- Learning about our fruit forest and tasting what is in season
- Exploring our hidden creek
- Feeding and patting the chooks and collecting eggs
- Feeding the pigs left over fruit and veg
- Planting seedlings
- Weeding the garden beds
- Collect seeds and making seed bombs
- Cardboard constructions
- Starting a worm farm
- Discovering how things grow, where our food comes from and why it is so important to take care of the earth
- And who knows what else!
Activities will be offered towards the end of the session and kids will always be given the choice if they want to continue playing or join in.
*IMPORTANT: Please note, we choose ONE extra activity per week based on what is happening on the farm, the weather and the seasons. Our goal is to slow down and create an unhurried exploration of nature at the kids pace. There will be weeks when we do not see any animals. If you wish for a full guided tour and to see all the animals in one day then please book into one of our Public Farm Tours or school holiday Farm Play Days which cover the entire farm in one session.
This session is aimed at children 6 months to 6 years.
(If you are interested in us creating a homeschool session for school aged kids please register your interest with email@example.com).
Babies under 6 months are free with ticket holding sibling. If you wish to bring a baby without older siblings, they will require a ticket.
Accompanying adults do not need a ticket. Please only 1 adult per ticket holding child.
Before you book your ticket, please consider the following:
- This is not a drop-off program. Parents and/or guardians must stay onsite and are responsible for the supervision of their children.
- The site is a working farm - all visitors will be given a brief safety induction upon arrival.
- The terrain at the farm is steep and can be slippery in parts. Participants may be required to walk across uneven or sloping ground.
- At this stage many areas in the farm are not accessible for wheels chairs or prams. However, you will be able to access the Childrens Garden area so could participate in some of the activities. If you have mobility restrictions or any concerns about your ability to navigate the terrain, please contact us before booking.
- Allergen advice: Our farm is home to domestic animals as well as bees, wasps, and macadamia trees. Please pack an EpiPen if allergic and keep it with you while on site.
- Wear enclosed shoes or boots (no thongs or sandals allowed). For adults AND children.
- Our farm plants love rain and so do we! We don't cancel workshops in wet weather unless there is a dangerous storm, so be ready to come prepared for the weather. Hat and sunscreen or gumboots and raingear.
- Bring a water bottle.