Fundamentals Of Creative Writing with Taryn Bashford
Improve your creative writing skills and become inspired to write with this one day workshop.
Whether you're a beginner or simply would like a refresher course in creative writing, this informative and hands-on writing workshop will re-ignite your inspiration to write. We'll cover topics including how to plan your book, how to find story ideas, where to start the story, characterisation, plot, structure, dialogue, and how to end your story. You can adapt this for memoir too.
Opportunities available for immediate feedback on your writing during the day from Taryn.
- Beginners learn new writing skills for the first time
- More experienced writers gain a refresher to get them back into writing
- When we discuss how to write and create characters, when we brainstorm ideas, we gain inspiration and add to our self-motivation to write
- Understand the difference between voice and dialogue
- Finish a long-ago started writing project or improve it
- Begin a new writing project with confidence and a set of skills to ensure a good start
- Mix with other writing lovers to learn from each other
This is a hybrid workshop with a focus on writing craft; it will be held in-person at Queensland Writers Centre, State Library of Queensland, and live streamed simultaneously to an online audience via Zoom. As a Level 1 workshop, it is suitable for all writers. A 7-day replay will be made available to all participants.
Taryn Bashford is the award-winning author of The Harper Effect and The Astrid Notes published by Pan Macmillan in Australia and Skyhorse Publishing in the USA. She also self-published the romantic suspense ‘Tide Trilogy’ under T.M. Bashford. In addition, she is a writing mentor for unpublished writers with Queensland Writers Centre and a sessional tutor at the University of Queensland.
For more information about Queensland Writers Centre’s Program of Events and answers to FAQs, please visit: www.queenslandwriters.org.au/program-info